Sign in to follow this  
HomeBe

Zvezda catalog 2020, the aircraft programme

2 hours ago, Mizar said:

basically it's nothing

What were you responding to?

36 minutes ago, Mfezi said:

What were you responding to?

To Zvezda news, there is nothing in 1/72 but tanks and a freaking propelled chunk of plastic, no 9-12, no new Flankers, no updated Hokum or Havoc tooling, not even a newer Maybe 17 or 19 tooling as Airifix will be pushing their Caricature 17 no matter what and it will end like that thing which was named after the Mig-15 but didn't share any traits of it

Luigi

Edited by Mizar

46 minutes ago, Mizar said:

To Zvezda news, there is nothing in 1/72 but tanks and a freaking propelled chunk of plastic, no 9-12, no new Flankers, no updated Hokum or Havoc tooling, not even a newer Maybe 17 or 19 tooling as Airifix will be pushing their Caricature 17 no matter what and it will end like that thing which was named after the Mig-15 but didn't share any traits of it

Luigi

How many more Flankers may you need.

22 minutes ago, hemspilot said:

We need SU-35/37 T-10M 1/72 and also : MIG-29K, KUB and MIG-35 + YAK-38M all in 1/72 😉

1 hour ago, hemspilot said:

57 minutes ago, neffan01 said:

We need SU-35/37 T-10M 1/72 and also : MIG-29K, KUB and MIG-35 + YAK-38M all in 1/72 😉

Neffan nailed it, I just hope that Modelsvit will somehow also take int consideration prototype Mig-29 versions because I would kill for a 1/72 Mig-29 9.15, it will be easier to make a 9.18 out of a 9.12 by using either 9.13 or 9.19 parts, there is the whole range or ship-borne Mig-29, plus the newer Mig-35, the freaking two-seater and so on

Back to Flankers still we lacking standard Su-27B or P variants, there is no Su-35E but Hasegawa and its mistakes, I don't know if Trumpeter Su-34 only requires a newer nose or something worse, I just hope they boxing comes with all the parts on it cause they missed some on their Mig-31 and Su-24 boxes.

Zvezda Su-47 might need an update since the resin nose correction it's OOP and it also needs newer vertical stabs as they got those wrong

I doubt Zvezda will ever consider export Su-30 variants still they might think about it

If Eduard is accusing people of not buying their 35230'923423942394'123419'03912'312 reboxes and not planning to ever release anything past the PFM then there is a need of a definitive Mig-21Bis and SMT with a fuselage which is not an MF one with a Bis bump and stab slammed on top of it

Su-25 and it's major variants both from Afghan War to modern ones need some love, I know about Art Model but it seems they messed something up

Finally as I have already said Mig-17 and Mig-19 (and also Mig-15 as Eduard is the export variant not russian built one) need some love

Luigi

2 hours ago, Mizar said:

To Zvezda news, there is nothing in 1/72 but tanks and a freaking propelled chunk of plastic, no 9-12, no new Flankers, no updated Hokum or Havoc tooling, not even a newer Maybe 17 or 19 tooling ....

And this is why Porsche makes SUVs.

Regarding Zvezda projects... must admit that 8 of last 10 kits were Zvezda...27SM, UB, 30SM, Su-33, Il-76, A-50, 9-13, whole range of Hinds.... and now Tu-134UBL!!! I must said that Zvezda is doing great job for me 😁 But they need to make just a litle deeper panel line....please someone from Zvezda read this post 😎

I hope some day they will do a 1/144 757. I like their other airliners, and that is a a significant gap in their Boeing offerings.

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

and that's why I'll never buy any Porsche past 993 GT2  😛

Luigi

10 hours ago, pminer said:

I'm all over the C-130 if its a new tool

The list contains new tool kits only, so it is very safe to assume it will be new tool.

19 hours ago, Mizar said:

Neffan nailed it, I just hope that Modelsvit will somehow also take int consideration prototype Mig-29 versions because I would kill for a 1/72 Mig-29 9.15, it will be easier to make a 9.18 out of a 9.12 by using either 9.13 or 9.19 parts, there is the whole range or ship-borne Mig-29, plus the newer Mig-35, the freaking two-seater and so on

Back to Flankers still we lacking standard Su-27B or P variants, there is no Su-35E but Hasegawa and its mistakes, I don't know if Trumpeter Su-34 only requires a newer nose or something worse, I just hope they boxing comes with all the parts on it cause they missed some on their Mig-31 and Su-24 boxes.

Zvezda Su-47 might need an update since the resin nose correction it's OOP and it also needs newer vertical stabs as they got those wrong

I doubt Zvezda will ever consider export Su-30 variants still they might think about it

If Eduard is accusing people of not buying their 35230'923423942394'123419'03912'312 reboxes and not planning to ever release anything past the PFM then there is a need of a definitive Mig-21Bis and SMT with a fuselage which is not an MF one with a Bis bump and stab slammed on top of it

Su-25 and it's major variants both from Afghan War to modern ones need some love, I know about Art Model but it seems they messed something up

Finally as I have already said Mig-17 and Mig-19 (and also Mig-15 as Eduard is the export variant not russian built one) need some love

Luigi

Yaaawwwnnn.

Zvezda  just released a whole new su-57.

Su-47, a one off demonstration prototype, you can fix that nose issue and all the other ones following internet available guidance, like any real modeler would.

T-10M, it can be made mixing a Su-33 and a Su-30SM and get a J-17 as a bonus. Which T-10M BTW, each had a different combination of nosewheel, tail stinger and vertical stabilizers.

Su-37 (T-10M-11), slap a set of aftermarket TVNs for the ALF-31s on it and you are done.

Mig-31? Trumpeter makes three variants and the new one with the Khinzal.

Yes, I feel your pain for the MiG-29K (or MiG-35 MRCA), but which Air Force is using it?

Same for the MiG-29M a demonstrator.

What mistakes on Hasegawa Su-35E?

Habu nailed it.

Edited by hemspilot

23 hours ago, hemspilot said:

The more, the better. 1/32.

5 hours ago, hemspilot said:

Yaaawwwnnn.

Su-47, a one off demonstration prototype, you can fix that nose issue and all the other ones following internet available guidance, like any real modeler would.

T-10M, it can be made mixing a Su-33 and a Su-30SM and get a J-17 as a bonus. Which T-10M BTW, each had a different combination of nosewheel, tail stinger and vertical stabilizers.

Su-37 (T-10M-11), slap a set of aftermarket TVNs for the ALF-31s on it and you are done.

Yes, I feel your pain for the MiG-29K (or MiG-35 MRCA), but which Air Force is using it?

Habu nailed it.

You can't slap Su-33 pieces onto Su-30SM kit, the nose section of the T-10M was fatter and longer so getting an Su-35 or a Su-37 is a no go

Trumpeter Mig-31 boxes do not contain one of the three MLG doors

Hasegawa fuselage is a bit skinny and it's also missing the double S profile present on Zvezda kit, also vertical stab needs to be rescribed as they got a couple of panels off

Luigi

12 hours ago, Berkut said:

The list contains new tool kits only, so it is very safe to assume it will be new tool.

Waayyyyyy cool!! Thanks!!

On 9/28/2019 at 1:36 PM, neffan01 said:

I need a Yak-41 Freestyle in 1/48th

Scale!!! 😁

5 hours ago, Mizar said:

You can't slap Su-33 pieces onto Su-30SM kit, the nose section of the T-10M was fatter and longer so getting an Su-35 or a Su-37 is a no go

Hasegawa fuselage is a bit skinny and it's also missing the double S profile present on Zvezda kit, also vertical stab needs to be rescribed as they got a couple of panels off

Luigi

Are you a modeler or an assembler.

Everything mentioned is fixable with the probable exception of the double curve at the LERX level.

Anyway, whatever.

Edited by hemspilot

On 9/28/2019 at 2:19 PM, habu2 said:

And Lamborghini now does too... and I won't be surprised if Ferrari joins the club in the future.

15 hours ago, hemspilot said:

Yaaawwwnnn.

Habu nailed it.

problems...

9 hours ago, Mizar said:

Luigi

As AFAIR the Hasegawa like KH were based on the prototypes, early production. So the major 'error' is the placement of the chaff/flare things on the stinger vs later production ones. Hasegawa Su-35 does have the "S profile"( Not a Double S) on the LERX, although only halfway and not as far forward. Other minor errors are the length of the NLG which is a little to long making the nose point a bit too up, which can be fixed by cutting a 1mm section of the NLG strut above the landing lights. Another minor error are the panel lines on the spine where the vanilla Flankers had the airbrakes, nothing some puttying and rescribing can't fix. And lastly the curvature of the canopy is a bit peaky, which uses the same clear part sprue as the Su-33. Even Berkut has a post somewhere and considers it a fixable problem with some sanding! There are some other nitpickings, but everything else is pretty accurate. Outside the front fuselage being a bit 'skinny' like you said everything else are nothing some average skills can't fix, but there are certain modelers boasting over 40 years experience swearing some kits are unbuildable with lesser problems.

OTOH I'd rather prefer zvezda do stuff that hasn't been done yet or finish some of their other lines. I'd be more welcoming of them finishing their MiG-29s and adding the K and Ms if possible.

Edited by Inquisitor

On 9/28/2019 at 6:30 AM, Mstor said:

I've never done any helicopter kits, but if Zvezda releases a Hind I will probably get one. That is just one awesome and mean looking machine.

Are the Mil-28, Kamov-50, 52 bad?

Downloadable Zvezda Catalogue 2020 is here https://vk.com/doc-29859496_526077927

Confirmed new tool kits from the Zvezda aircraft programme 2020:

1/48th

- ref. 4823 - Mil Mi-24V/VP "Hind-E" 

- ref. 4824 - Sukhoi Su-57 "Felon"

- ref. 4825 - Ilyushin Il-2 Shturmovik 

1/72nd

- ref. 7321 - Lockheed C-130 Hercules (variant ?)

1/144th

- ref. 7033 -  Irkut MS-21-300 - was already in the 2019 programme

- ref. 7034 - Beriev Be-200 Altaïr

- ref. 7036 - Tupolev Tu-134UBL "Crusty-B"

- ref. 7037 - Airbus A320 Neo

C8-N36-Tm7l8g.jpg

CAT-ZVEZ.jpg

MI24V.png

SU57.jpg

IL2.jpg

C130.jpg%5B

MC21.jpg