What are you going to build?

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 11:27 PM, picknpluck said:

Stefan, can't wait to see that Phantom comparison! That'll be sweet! 

Thanks.

There must be many more useful kit reviews of these kits out there and thousands of better builds. But the four of them together will hopefully make a pretty picture.

I've decided to build the Monogram kit as a VMFA-232 aircraft (instead of VF-33). Finn gave me an idea for an interesting armament configuration of theirs at Nam Phong in 1972.

Cheers, Stefan. 

Hi,

Please be patient if you want to see the Phantoms. I really want these on my display shelf, but something else came up...Dakota's.

On September the 21st, I jumped from a Dakota for the first time. You can guess that I'd want to build a Dakota after that.

This week, I found out that there are decals for that particular C-47 "Drag 'em Oot". The decals were swiftly ordered and today at the IPMS Belgium National Convention, I bought an old but nice "Italerei" Dakota in 1/72. I figure it's an old box when it says "Italerei" instead of "Italeri".

I also found a 1/100 scale Dakota from Nitto. That box contains 2 models: a started one and an unstarted one.

There are 1/100 scale decals for an Eastern Airlines DC-3 in it as well.  

So, I'll build the 1/72 kit as "Drag 'em Oot" and the 1/100 one as the Eastern Airlines aircraft.

Those decals look really old, I hope they 'll be alright.

edMocu7.jpg

Cheers, Stefan.

With the first of two Mustangs done, and being lucky enough to have three long weekends in November I should have the Eduard Mustang done Thanksgiving.   So I am thinking about what to do next, I'll have the Tamiya P-38 in my hands next week and I have the Academy and ProModeler kits in my stash.   I'll probably do it with the Academy kit.       

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm putting my Fokker Triplane build on the back burner for the time being. I'm in the middle of building all the Nieuports in my stash and putting a hold on those to switch to Fokkers doesn't appeal to me.

However, we have the 80th year anniversary of the Battle of Britain coming up and I've been wanting to build one of these for a long time. Why not build 2?

DSC00568.jpg

I won't build more than 2. The first Classic Airframes kit isn't worth the trouble under the circumstances and I haven't 'heard' good things about the Trumpeter kit.

It's my intent to do a pair of 264 Squadron birds, a unit that flew the Defiant from Dunkirk well into the Defiant's career as a dedicated nightfighter.

• 2 months later...

I've been eyeing this group build since the beginning, but wasn't sure if I should pull the trigger. I have a few small projects winding down and found a few small and inexpensive kits that interested me. They arrived yesterday. 

NstHpvRCJPR0semUU9sONX70giPT0r7aVElTJbUm