P-47 cockpits postwar (ANG)

Tried to find this on my own, and the more I read the more I'm not sure (know that feeling?)

Postwar P-47's/F-47's, circa 1947-50, would the cockpits typically still be dark dull green, or were they black by then?  

Also, if it's a poswar D30, then would the corrugated floor be made into a flat one?

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy

To my understanding, the black cockpits appeared when depot-level rebuilds or refurbs were done, with the F-51D fleet these were -25 and -30's pulled from storage in the that era.

I'd expect green cockpits on the ANG F-47's, simply because they were being retired in favour of those refurbs. Now in foreign service that may be a different story as those likely got refurbishment before delivery.

Edited by mawz
8 hours ago, TheRealMrEd said:

Green cockpits  and corrugated floor an Tenn Air Guard P-47D....

ED

Thanks Ed!

Question, were the Tennessee Jugs pre-D-30 models? My understanding (completely naive on P-47's) is that corrugated floors were used up through D-25's, and I'm told the Vermont birds were D-30's, at least based on the very few photos I have.

Dunno Andrew, a bit hard to say....

2v2E67u93xfzdhW.jpg

Seriously, took this one a couple of years ago at the Tennessee Air Museum near Seveirville, TN.  I was actually scheduled to be up the sometime later this month, but may not be able to go.  If I do, I'll find out for you, or, you may just try to contact them directly and ask.  They were very helpful and informative when I was there on other business...

Ed

Edited by TheRealMrEd