Y-Wing "Heavy"...

I have an idea... ( I know, before anybody says "don't hurt yourself, go take a nap")... Bandai's Y-Wing is much more refined than F-Toys. BUT F-Toys Y-Wing  is a bit LARGER than Bandai's. So here's what I'm considering... Making a Y-Wing "HEAVY" Attack ship... Using the larger engines from F-Toys with the Bandai body. Making the F-Toys main cabin larger with a quad gun, BUT using Bandai's smaller cockpit glazing,  (mucho modified) with a 2 person crew. Also because I'll be enlarging the forward section, having 4 torpedo tubes instead of 2.  This where I'm at right now. It's an idea, and I'm getting my kits in place. In the STAR WARS Universe why not... WHAT SAY YOU BUILDERS!!!

Edited by MattP

Interesting concept and would like to see for sure. I would think a heavy version would use an extra set of engines instead of just the same ones but bigger.

Too bad there's no 1/48 kits of all our favorite ships out there, except the Snowspeeder (which makes no sense IMHO, of all the subjects why that one in 1/48?), but alas I digress. 

30 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Interesting concept and would like to see for sure. I would think a heavy version would use an extra set of engines instead of just the same ones but bigger.

Too bad there's no 1/48 kits of all our favorite ships out there, except the Snowspeeder (which makes no sense IMHO, of all the subjects why that one in 1/48?), but alas I digress. 

Bandai did an X-wing and AT-ST in 1/48.  Also, Fine Molds did a 1/48 TIE in addition to their own 1/48 X-wing.

• 2 weeks later...