All Japan model and hobby show.

Related image

Hobby Boss must have really liked the box art on the Monogram kit...

20190928172132_87395.jpg

The big Tiger in the background looks interesting.

Happy modeling!

15 minutes ago, ijozic said:

That was released years ago and IIRC is basically a rebox of some old Torro motorized kit.

Cool thanks:thumbsup:. I missed that. I guess I'll go do a search.

Happy modeling!

In case you missed it, here are a few pictures for the aircraft kits from Moxingfans.com for example, and full links below:

20190928172132_87395.jpg

These naceles are COMPLETELY WRONG !!!!

These naceles are COMPLETELY WRONG !!!!

I thought they looked strange. Not an expert on the A-26 so didn't say anything. Personally I would have liked a WWII era B-26, oh well.

I thought they looked strange. Not an expert on the A-26 so didn't say anything. Personally I would have liked a WWII era B-26, oh well.

Me too...  But I hope they can see that to make a better kit...

Like I posted in the "Props" section, can someone point out exactly where the nacelle issue is? When you look at the different pictures/angles scattered online  of the HK Invaders and compare them to similar pictures/angles of real Invaders they don't look that far off. Certainly nothing that looks like deal breaker for me personally. So can someone do their redline magic with what we have so far to show us old-eyed modelers where the issue is? If there is indeed an issue, I bet its an easy fix for the AM guys. Maybe even just pop out new nacelles and voilà?

Happy modeling!

To me its the fact that in the photos the front edge of the cowling appears to curve in, a feature found on many radial engine cowlings. In the pics of the model, there doesn't seem to be that feature, just a sharp edge. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination, just going on what I see. Maybe there were different cowling used on different marks of the airframe? In any case, this is probably not the appropriate place for such a discussion anyway. I'll take a peek in the "Props" section and see whats being said there.

I looked at the photos of the A-26 posted in "Props" and the cowling looks much better in those pics. For whatever reason they look weird in the ones above, it does not appear to be a real issue. All that to say, never mind.

Edit: I was looking at the wrong thread. The pic above is of the 1/32 HB kit. I was looking at the 1/48 ICM kit. Evidently there is some discussion about the shape of the cowling, but here is not the place for it. Just wanted to clarify.

Edited by Mstor