F/A-18C Nose Landing Gear Atennas

The Kinetic 1/48 F/A-18C comes with two options for the forward nose landing gear doors.  One set is completely smooth and one has a blister and blade antenna on the right, and a lone blade on the left doors.  The instructions call for use of the doors without antennas without mention of the others.  I am building a VFA-151 bird in 2003.  From photos, I can see the right side door should have the blister and blade antenna:

164697  F/A-18C  VFA-151  NE-302/XO

The left side front nose door in the same time period appears to have not antenna:

https://www.aviationphotocompany.com/p934046062/h860769b9#h860769b9

However, it may be hard to see this blade antenna end on and  I don't understand the evolution/systems of these antennas.  Should this be a smooth door on the left and the blister antenna on the right? Or antennas on both sides?  Thank you for any insight!

EDIT: This navy.mil picture would seem fairly convincing the only antennas should be on the right, nothing on the left door...

030103-N-4655M-002.jpg

Edited by ESzczesniak

Thank you! And I was just coming back here to edit this again. 

It seems the Kinetic instructions really confused me. The left side door is smooth no matter what and there are 3 options for the right. Smooth, blade antenna, or blade antenna and blister. Based on the bird I’m doing, the latter is the correct option. 

Still couldn’t comment at all on the what, why, and what airframes other than the pictures I found.