Prototype Concorde

With the Prototype Concorde coming out soon, may I suggest to some enterprising silkscreen decal maker some what-if Pan Am, TWA, BOAC, American (Lightening Bolt), Braniff, Qantas, Eastern, Untied (Mainliner), Air Canada, JAL, or Lufthansa decals.  The ideas are endless.  RAF?

The best Concorde prototype kit is still the Entex/Doyusha 1/100 rendering of which there are many, many available. 

I remember building it in the 70's and being so disappointed that it wasn't a production machine.  How my position on that has changed although....we still need a good 1/100 production version. 

The best Concorde prototype kit is still the Entex/Doyusha 1/100 rendering of which there are many, many available. 

I remember building it in the 70's and being so disappointed that it wasn't a production machine.  How my position on that has changed although....we still need a good 1/100 production version. 

I prefer the Production version myself 😊. Not sure if we would see anyone attempting to do a new tool these days unfortunately.

The Revell 1/72 is a bit of a disappointment and needs surgery to fix the nose.  The 1/48 Fiberglass one from Russia is gorgeous but expensive. 

This thread caused me to purchase one of the NItto/Doyusha/Entex/Otaki 1/100 ones and I will build it faithfully as the prototype but with the visor dropped.  I did not know until about ten years ago that there were two visor versions; One was the more solid type with the two small windows looking upward and the other was the more complex streamlined Lots-O-Glass version that went on the production machines. 

But I noted when in the UK that the retracted visor on the one looked similar to the other but I was not aware that the bigger, more sheet-metal version also retracted.  Now it all makes perfect sense.  Back then, no internet so no quick reference to how it looked retracted.  Now there's lots.  

Also, the shorter tailcone and different engine configurations.  Lots of minor but significant differences. 

Edited by VADM Fangschleister