1/48 Hasegawa F-2A Viper Zero, 6 Hikotai, 2010

Hi all!  

So I am just now getting to posting pics of a build I completed two months ago...  Been super busy getting married and work has been brutal, so haven't had much time to put together a post.  Anyway, here is my 1/48 Hasegawa F-2A of the JSADF 6 Hikotai "Skull Raiders".   First time doing an in-flight build in awhile, so it was good to get back to that.  I love doing aircraft in their natural environment, and I think I will try to do them more often in the future.

The kit is very nice, great detail, very good fit.  I enjoyed the entire build, it was a nice change of pace from the complicated builds I have done lately.  As far as aftermarket, I used the Hasegawa JASDF Weapons Set and Afterburner Decals 6 Hikotai Viper Zero set.  I got really lucky finding that sheet at a local show for less than $10, so I was eager to put them to use!  Other than that everything else is OOB.

For the camo, I used the Mr Paint JASDF Blues set, and they seem to be a good match, if a bit dark.

Here is what I used for this build:

Kit: 1/48 Hasegawa F-2A (PT27)

Decals: Afterburner Viper Zero 6 Hitokai (48-064)

Aftermarket: Hasegawa JASDF Weapons Set A (X48-10)

Paints: Gunze Mr. Surfacer Black 1500 (main aircraft primer base), Tamiya Liquid White Primer (for marble coat),   Mr Paint MRP-295 JASDF Navy and Intermediate Blues set, Gunze Aqueous H317 Dark Gull Gray, Tamiya Rubber Black, Clear Red, and Clear Green, Gunze Mr Color GX2 Gloss Black (gloss black primer for metalwork) and Alclad II Airframe Aluminum, Pale Burnt Metal, and Burnt Iron. Future Gloss coat for decals and Future+Tamiya XF-21 Flat Base 6:1 ratio for final matte coat. Mig Ammo Deep Gray panel wash.

Now on to the pics!

626853-16625-24.jpg

626830-16625-66.jpg

626828-16625-49.jpg

626827-16625-36.jpg

626826-16625-90.jpg

626829-16625-61.jpg

626831-16625-80.jpg

626833-16625-41.jpg

626843-16625-91.jpg

626847-16625-91.jpg

626848-16625-19.jpg

626850-16625-92.jpg

626851-16625-60.jpg

626852-16625-10.jpg

Congratulations on both the build and the marriage! (Should've stayed single IMHO😁) Not really ever been interested in the F-2 but this sure does look bada$$, especially the tail markings!

Edit: Not really sure what you're using for those stands but I gotta get me some!

Edited by Whiskey

Congratulations on both the build and the marriage! (Should've stayed single IMHO😁) Not really ever been interested in the F-2 but this sure does look bada$$, especially the tail markings!

Edit: Not really sure what you're using for those stands but I gotta get me some!

Thanks Zach!  It's always a great compliment to get someone that is not interested in a particular subject to like a model of it, so that feels good!  

As far as the stands, I make them myself.  Here is a link to how I do it and with what.  If you are interested further, let me know, I can fill in some blanks and help you with the process...

https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=16625&p=albums&album=50194

Fantastic build- I love the inflight look and I’m glad you have her really armed to the teeth.  I always liked that JASDF scheme.  Well done!

Thanks Falcon, I always appreciate your kind words!

Beautiful job

Thank you Dylan!

Stunning F-2! 😍 Jolly nice work on the model and the in-flight display! :worship:

Thanks Moritz, I truly appreciate that!  I do about a third of my models in flight, and truly love the look of aircraft in their natural state, in flight!

Sweet! I love the F-2As in their maritime camo. You have really captured it.

Thanks Mark!  I too am a big fan of this scheme.  I hope to do and F-4EJ in it too sometime.  

GREAT heavily loaded Viper-0.

Thanks Weirich, I appreciate the compliment from a fellow Ohioan!

Thanks Mark!  I too am a big fan of this scheme.  I hope to do and F-4EJ in it too sometime.

Grab DXM's decal set for the maritime scheme F-4EJ Kai. Then you won't have to try and find the elusive and expensive Hasegawa boxing. You'll be able to use any of Hasegawa's F-4EJ Kai kits or, hopefully soon, a Z-M F-4EJ Kai. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mstor
  • 2 weeks later...

Another excellent build!!! You should start selling those stands! I know I'd buy 1 or 2

Thanks goondman!   Interesting idea, I will have to think about that.  But for now I will keep my free time for building models.  🙂

Very nice one! love the Sea Camo very much. 

Thanks chinazou!  I also am a huge fan of this camo scheme, it is one of the more attractive ones out there, along with the Su-33 one which I just competed recently...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...