CD48166 - 1/48 F-22 Raptor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry to do this again so late in the sheet's development, Kursad, but if not already, do consider one more particular ship, for the sake of the aficionados. 

F-22A 10-4195 525th FS 'AK' 

This aircraft is noteworthy as it is the last of the 195x F-22s to be manufactured. 

7149601571_84196d5359_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

If anybody is looking for a Hasegawa 1/48 F-22 kit, Sprue Brothers has the newer released Hasegawa F-22A Raptor 52293 Hasegawa F-22 Raptor 'Blue Nose Detail Up Version' for $57.99 in todays Lightning Deals:

https://spruebrothers.com/has52293-1-48-hasegawa-f-22-raptor-blue-nose-detail-up-version/

This kit includes the Hasegawa Detail Up PE sheet.

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

21 minutes ago, Captain Tyler said:

Hey Kursad, is the list of the aircraft that will be on the sheet already known? 

Not yet apart from a few specially marked aircraft - but I can only put so many test jets on it as there are many operational units that need to be covered. I already took your emails into account but since I know you are primarily interested in the test airframes, let me know what your final selection is.

2 hours ago, KursadA said:

Not yet apart from a few specially marked aircraft - but I can only put so many test jets on it as there are many operational units that need to be covered. I already took your emails into account but since I know you are primarily interested in the test airframes, let me know what your final selection is.

I appreciate that you remembered me! Thanks! But, I am also genuinely curious about the others as well, especially as it pertains to Langley and Elmendorf. 

The sheet will definitely be worth the wait. Thanks Kursad 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's time to admit I got a bit too carried away with this subject - there were so many good subjects I kept adding to the option list over the years that there is no way I can fit everything on a single sheet... It now looks like you can expect not one, but two F-22 sheets in July/August from me!  These will have almost every marking seen on a Raptor since the early days of introduction: every base, almost every unit, special markings ("Cripes A'Mighty", "Maloney's Pony", 90th FS anniversary, complete "card deck" of Edwards test jet nose art), wing/squadron flagships galore. Comprehensive stencil sheet also available as a Basics (CDB48010) item. Bonus generic numbers sheet for those who buy both sets from me directly.

Stay tuned - really close now.

Edited by KursadA
6 hours ago, KursadA said:

I think it's time to admit I got a bit too carried away with this subject - there were so many good subjects I kept adding to the option list over the years that there is no way I can fit everything on a single sheet... It now looks like you can expect not one, but two F-22 sheets in July/August from me!  These will have almost every marking seen on a Raptor since the early days of introduction: every base, almost every unit, special markings ("Cripes A'Mighty", "Maloney's Pony", 90th FS anniversary, complete "card deck" of Edwards test jet nose art), wing/squadron flagships galore. Comprehensive stencil sheet also available as a Basics (CDB48010) item. Bonus generic numbers sheet for those who buy both sets from me directly.

Stay tuned - really close now.

This is exciting!

Its sounds like a complete Raptor Anthology! 

I expect this set to fly off the shelves with haste. 

5 minutes ago, AD-4N said:

Is there a consensus on the very best 1/72 F-22?  Best fit, accuracy and detail?  

The closest youre gonna get in 1/72, in my opinion, is the Academy F-22. 

The details are excellent and the fit is great, though the placement of the compressor faces annoys me. 

Edited by Captain Tyler