CD48166 - 1/48 F-22 Raptor

The two Caracal F-22 sheets will be:

• CD48166 - 1/48 USAF F-22A Part 1
  • CD48226 - 1/48 USAF F-22A Part 2

Each will have 14 options - a total of 28 options covering every F-22 base past and present, and most of the units that flew the jet. I will post the final drafts this weekend, profiles will have to wait until late June when the decals are closer to release.

The stencilling sheet will be CDB48010, also available as a separate Basics sheet. BAM Models will be working on a set of intake covers for the Hasegawa kit.

cdb48010.jpg

Edited by KursadA

Looking promissing, however hope there is a mix of line jets and CO jets and not just the latter? Wing/Squadron CO ships can be nice, but line birds carry the majority of the fight. 

I will post the full images in a couple of days - both sets are two-sheet affairs (three if you count the CDB48010 stencil sheet included). What you are not seeing is the second sheet that has most of the line jet markings.

6-7 squadron or wing flagships and 7-8 line jets on each of the two sets.

1 hour ago, KursadA said:

I will post the full images in a couple of days - both sets are two-sheet affairs (three if you count the CDB48010 stencil sheet included). What you are not seeing is the second sheet that has most of the line jet markings.

6-7 squadron or wing flagships and 7-8 line jets on each of the two sets.

Awesome, I think this is the longest I have waited for a decal sheet, thanks so much! 

5 hours ago, Captain Tyler said:

Looks good! Kursad said he will post some stuff here in the next few days! 

My wallet is ready!

I second that notion! Like most, have been waiting a while for these. The wait is almost over!

CD48166 will have 13 options covering all F-22 bases: both flagships and line jets alike.

A few special markings:

-"Cripes A'Mighty"

-Edwards test jets "Ace Trey Deuce" and "IX"

cd48166.jpg cd48166b.jpg

cdb48010.jpg

Edited by KursadA

CD48226 will have 14 options.

Again, a few special markings:

-"Maloney's Pony"

-Edwards test jets "006" and "007" (both with small "nose art")

-90FS anniversary markings

As I mentioned before, the stencilling sheet (CDB48010) will also be available as a Basics item if you want to build multiple jets. If you get both sets direct from me, there will be a bonus (CDB48011) with serial number digits to make almost any standard F-22 in existence - this will also be separately available after the first few months.

cd48226.jpg cd48226b.jpg 

cdb48010.jpg

Edited by KursadA

KursadA:  I'm curious...how do you decide how many copies of a decal sheet (or sheet set) you print?  This is sort of a generic question, not just about the F-22 decals.  I understand that this may be a business decision that is not for publication, but if it is something you can discuss, I'd be interested to know.  Are the number of copies the same number for any/all decal sets, or is it based on pre-orders, or is it 'gut feel' based on level of interest expressed?  Certainly, I understand that you want to balance quantity so that you sell (almost?) all the sets you produce while retaining some level of inventory for later sales after initial sales when a set is new, but how do you go about figuring this out?  

I'm surely going to get this F-22 set, and I"m still waiting for your 1/48 Korean War F-86 set coming out soon (I'm interested in the McConnell decals on this hopefully soon to be available set).  

Intake covers are now released at BAM Models, on which you can lay down CDB48010 decals 😉 

Relatively simple geometry but actually hard to scratch-build as the kit intake shape is not an exact parallelogram and the handles have funny recesses at their base - 3D scanning saved the day to get the shape right!

https://bam-models.com/product/1-48-f-22-intake-covers/

52184789994_e63149662a_c.jpg

Edited by arnobiz
  • 1 month later...