A-4 Skyhawk quilted pattern

Hi all. Does anyone know of a good way to reproduce the quilted pattern used on the cockpit sidewall's on a 1/72 A-4? I know at one time I ran across a quilted looking pattern in some form, but I can't remember what it was from.

Thanks for any help.

The last time I did something like this I used some aluminum foil. Simply draw a diamond pattern in pencil and it embosses the foil. Flip it over and you have your pattern. You may need to try it on some paper first to figure out how big the diamonds should be. Use some white glue to stick it to the side wall.

I used it on my 1/48th kit and I used lead foil from a wine bottle.

You might try using your favorite filler or my fav, miliput. Smear it on and while it is still uncured, etch a diamond pattern in with an xacto blade. Let it dry, then paint. Presto change-o! Poor man’s cockpit insulation.

If you have an object that has a “quilted” pattern on it (one of my hobby knives has such a pattern), press a piece of foil into it to emboss the texture. Now that I’m thinking of it, If you have the Revell 1/48 F-15E, it has that diamond pattern on the entire back wall of the cockpit tub.

I did this with a type of plastic foil for the inner lid of a container of sour cream that I had used. It is quite convincing. You might want to check the inner seal of some of your dairy products for material ;0) Fred K.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I found what I had used in the past, it was the Gel cap container for a generic Nyquil tablets that had a pattern to it. I had some that I had tucked away in my paint drawer and happened across them again once after I wrote this thread.