Pictures posted thru Photobucket

I  have seen lately people posting pictures using photo bucket and the pictures are either blurred or across the middle of the photo a large "Hosted by Photobucket" which kinda defeats the purpose of posting the pictures.  If you are using photo bucket please check and make sure that the pictures look right.  I don't know why people are still using photo bucket.

Geoff M

In my case, I've had pictures posted through PB for years and then just recently after they "restored use" back, they put a limit to the amount of images they will host for free accounts. So I'd either have to go and delete a huge amount of old images to get below the allotted amount to allow the newer ones to show up correctly, or go and transfer EVERY image I've posted here to a new hosting service. the alternate is to pay for a larger use account at PB and I'm kind of against doing that with the way they treated people before. So I guess what I'm saying is....sorry but I don't think mine will get fixed anytime soon. Other's mileage may vary.

Bill

I have kicked The Bucket.  Off my scope.  I could care less how many times they email me with an urgent message to care.  I do not.  The pics I posted here through them are gone.  At least no one will be tempted to rip them off and publish without my approval.

Rick L.

25 minutes ago, Spruemeister said:

I could care less how many times they email me with an urgent message to care.

It is irritating getting their threats multiple times per day. 

I really only used blottophucket in one thread here, originally posted over five years ago when blottophucket proudly offered free/unlimited image hosting. 

Then blottophucket got greedy and changed the rules. The F1 thread has ~35 images in it and has over 5,000 views.  Evidently that was blowing through blottophucket’s bandwidth limitations with such frequency they obscured all the images by blurring and watermarking them beyond recognition. I got fed up and changed the rules on my end. I rehosted the images on imgur, now they load faster and render at higher resolutions than blottophucket ever did. 

I too kicked the Bucket. 

45 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Just disappointing that, since PB was one of the major photo hosting sites for ages, many really nice threads are going to lose all their pictures.     PB sucks. 

...many really nice threads are going to once again lose all their pictures.

I was lucky that when PB went stupid, I had just started their minimum paid account, so I could avoid all the ads that were on the site. I still had the ability to download all my images there, back onto my computer, which I did. Soon after, they removed that option. I then went over to Flickr, which works quite nicely. As I had way over PB's new limit, I can't use any of the images that are still stored there.

Photobucket can suck it!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up at Imgur, and thought, "Why didn't I do this years ago?? It works better, it's SO much easier to use, better all around!"  Never ever looked back.  Not once. Won't.

Imgur is my go to photo storage too!

Geoff M