Bell Helicopter was run out of Army Aviation. I would not place my money on them being selected in the top two and that is just a fact. Boeing and Lockheed Martin  Sikorski will be the 2 finalists, as usual. It was only last year two Bell test pilots were killed in one of their prototypes. Bell also let over 1,500 employees go recently and they continue the same lineage of rotorcraft without vision. Speed? Range? Lockheed holds that record if I remember right.

The Air Force will never let them load those 'wings' with weapons stores because the Zoomies own CAS so they are just a gimmick and strangely, yet another throwback to the Lockheed Cheyenne. It's a sad entry and yes, far too reminiscent of the RAH-66 profile which I was around to watch them kill and cannibalize followed by our program  on the 58 side of the house. A lot of Bothans died to bring us those plans ;)

Again, no vision design department. And I love Bell Helicopter so that hurts to say.

30 minutes ago, huey_crew_chief said:

Doesnt Bell still produce the V22 for the US? 

Yes, for the Marines along with Cobra and Huey’s. 

AF and USN are in the mix as well. Few months back  Boeing just opened a new facility for production.