Phabulous Phantom Phoursome

Hi,

These are my 4 Phantoms for the GB.

The "Rockin Rhino" is an Eduard boxing of the Academy kit.

X8vAU66.jpg

The Academy and Hasegawa kits have not had any work done on them. The Zoukei Moura kit has had some cockpit parts glued together and the holes in the lower wing part drilled out. The Monogram kit is second hand and has had some minor work done, a bit of nose weight installed and a bit of paint wildly splahsed onto it.

I will use the Steel Beach upgrade set on the Monogram kit (I feel this is a neccesary addition to make it a true F-4J).

Cheers, Stefan. 

Edited by Stefan buysse

Nice Selection of kits,

And I have to give Academy (& Eduard) props for not putting the same plane on their box art. That's 3 Showtime 100's out of 4 kits (the regular Academy boxing has a VF-102 ship, and their other boxing is a VF-84 only boxing)

I have a lot of nostalgia for that Monogram kit and had a great time building Hasegawa's kit, which I recently finished. I've built the Academy kit and I have the ZM kit stashed away along with two more Hasegawas. I will saw that the Hasegawa still builds into a VERY respectable result.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

Sorry, I haven't been building much and even I've done even less "reporting" back here.

I have been building a bit though, both on the Phantoms and the Dakota's.

I have been having plain fun with the Eduard kit, I like all the stuff that comes with it.

The Eduard instructions leave out the trunnion covers...they don't tell us to drill out the holes in the upper Wings and the parts themselves (G27) are marked as "not for use".

All F-4J's had these.

Unless I missed it, they also don't tell us to drill out the holes for the ECM antenna's (parts K16 and K18), although they do tell us to install them. 

Cheers, Stefan.

15 minutes ago, Thadeus said:

Nice Stefan. What markings are You planning? Are You going for Showtime 300? 😉

Hi,

Mostly Furball decals: VF-33 for the Academy/Eduard kit, VF-92 for the Zoukei Moura kit and VMFA-232 for the Monogram kit. For the Hasegawa kit, I'm thinking of VF-31 using Fox One decals.

As you mention the "Showtime" aircraft, I am thinking of building a good "Showtime 100" some day. It would look neat next to the VF-92 build, VF-92's is BuNo 155799 and VF-96's is BuNo 155800. Neigbours on the assembly line and both CAG-birds on the USS Constellation in 1972.

Cheers, Stefan.