“Spruebrothers” Sanding Sticks

A while ago a freebie promotional sanding stick with a Spruebrothers order. It was all stamped with Spruebrothers, but I assume it was some brands available product that Spruebrothers made a deal and added their logo too. 

Could anyone one tell me what sanding sticks these are, as I’ve really liked it?

I know they’re not Flex-I-File. These used to be my go to, but recently they’re garbage. The sandpaper wears out quickly, they delaminate easily, and the fine grits are oddly brittle. 

I have the Alpha Abrasives foam backed. Love this for regular sand paper type work, but it’s a bit soft and very large (thick) for a sanding stick. 

I tried the Infini Zebra stick, but these are very wide and awfully rigid. I know Infini makes another version, but the pictures don’t look like the Spruebrothers version. 

I cant find any other sticks on their website. Their freebie looks similar dimensions to a Flexi-I-File, sandpaper similar to the Alpha Abrasive, and less rigid than the Infini. 

Anyone know?

I stopped buying sticks long time ago. All it takes is just piece of plastic, double sided mounting tape and sandpaper of required grit and 5-10 minutes of work. 

Or just reuse old sticks core replacing sandpaper. Old stuff is easily removed with little help from Ronsonol.

Edited by Helmsman

Are you referring to those 4-in-1 sanding sticks?

If so, TwoBobs sells them for $3.00 on their site.  I love those things.  They seem to last forever.

At least the one I got was just a single 600 grit. I’ll have to take a look either way though. 

Sorry don't know who makes those for Spruebrothers.

Recently my wife bought me some for the ridiculous price of $0.89 CDN. Lots of different grits and I especially like the polishing ones, which I use for the canopies. She got them at a local beauty supply store. They normally supply products to hair dressers (or are they called hair technicians now?). Not sure if you need a special card to buy from them though.

Oh and don't be cheap and go to Dollarama (Canadian chain). Bought 10 sanding sticks for $1. Yup probably ok for the what it was meant for but I always wet sand and they fell apart. Made of card stock and some sort of crappy glue.

Ditto on visiting the local cosmetics counter.  The "sanding sticks" you see being sold by online shops, are exactly the same as you'd find at the cosmetics counter....and usually twice the price.  You can find all sorts of different grits, as well as 4-in-1 sticks for buffing.  They work great on canopies.

All,

I get all of my sanding sticks and pads at Sally Beauty Outlets.  They last a long time even in wet sanding conditions and they are cheap too.  My wife has a discount card from Sally from when she was a beautician years ago, which makes them even cheaper. 

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

• 2 weeks later...