ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
delayar

Seamless intakes for Hasegawa Super Hornet (1/48)

Hi folks!

I am planning to build the F/A-18E in 1/48 from Hasegawa.

I want to use seamless resin intakes.

I found the intakes by GT Resin and Phase Hangar (ex TwoMikes). Has anyone compared these two or has experience with one or both of these sets?

Which one would you choose?

Thank you for your advice,

Markus

Hi Markus.

You have another option with seamless intakes to F/A-18E 1/48 Hasegawa:

https://xmold-modeling.com/products-page/scale1-48/148-f-18ef-super-hornet-seamless-air-intakes-for-hasegawa-kit/

and quality this product is very good. I have got intakes for F-4 and I'm very happy.

The shipping cost from Russia to Poland was only 6$ and it took 10 days to Austria should be similar.

I used the 2Mikes a few  years ago, straight drop in fit with fan faces … no drama

Presumably if  he is using the same quality moulds, then they should also be similar under his Phase Hanger banner

I used the 2Mikes a few  years ago, straight drop in fit with fan faces … no drama

Presumably if  he is using the same quality moulds, then they should also be similar under his Phase Hanger banner

I have actually improved the mold since then! Much better casting quality from back then! Appreciate the kudos! I am also using a better resin now than before as well.

Cheers

Mike

Phase Hangers stuff is top notch. I have a list a mile long of stuff I want to get from Mike, mostly intakes. One of these days (when I have enough monies) you will get a large (for me) order from me. Quality stuff at reasonable prices.

I don't work for nor have any relationship with Phase Hanger. Just a satisfied customer.

I have actually improved the mold since then! Much better casting quality from back then! Appreciate the kudos! I am also using a better resin now than before as well.

Cheers

Mike

Do you have an intake set for Hase 1/48 F-18C? I am shopping for one and am aware of xmolds but open to other options. 

I used Two Mikes a while back and they were a perfect fit. So the latest version under the PhaseHangar Name are what I'd recommend!

^^^^^^

Not just yet but they are in the pipeline. 

This would be great. I have a few Legacy Hornets on deck.