Printing FSM Articles from DVD?

All,

This is a post that I made to the Finescale Modeler Magazine FB page about 2 months ago and I never received an answer.  So I decided to post it here to see if any one here can help me with this.

"I have every issue of FSM that was ever published and I have a digital copy of the magazine on DVD question. It is such a hassel to find an article that I am interested in my stash and then try to take that article to the copier to print out a "working" copy.  Lets say I want to make a working copy of the article to have a quick reference at the bench or to have a "grocery list" to take to the hobby shop or for an  online order. On the digital DVD's of the magazine, once an article is found in the archive on the DVD, can that article be printed out for my own personal use?"

I hope someone on this forum can tell me how it is done, if it is possible.  Thanks, folks!

Best Regards,
Ken Bailey
(SonyKen)

Habu,

The files on the DVD are in PDF format but when I use the file search and try and open one of them, I get an error message.  The error message is XXXX.PDF file is protected and the menu bar is asking for a Document Open Password.  Sure I know these files are copyright protected but since I have every issue of the magazine and I did purchase the DVD from the publisher, don't I have the right to copy any portion of any of these magazines for my own personal use?  This is just as long as I don't use these copies in a way that may violate the copyright of said publisher.  I really needs these copies.  Thanks for all the help!!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Edited by SonyKen

I don't have the DVD in question, but have you tried to take a screen shot of the page you want, then print it out from that? I'm assuming that you are able to read the articles off the DVD as it is intended.

Edited by Joe Hegedus