1/48 Hasegawa F-16A NSAWC 60

Is that their "Real Color" line? If so, what do you use to thin it? Appears to have a nice satin finish. I've been curious about that line.

Edited by Mstor

I have done some test shots with these paints  . Mr. Color leveling thinner worked great .

Looking forward to painting a bird with them .

Cheers, Christian 

Thanks, that's what I had hoped for. Heard they are similar to Tamiya paints.

I thinned the AK paints with Mr. Leveling Thinner to get the fine painting done (about 1/3 paint to 2/3rd thinner).  Then shot un-deluted paint straight from the jar (maybe a touch of thinner ust to improve the flow) and that started to give the "blotchy" look that I was trying to replicate.  Then I mixed in a touch or darker or lighter grey and added some touch up paint "blotches" as well.  Thinned AK shot pencil think lines from both the 770 and 20/20 (both of them I think are .2mm).  I shot some paint from my Tamiya .3mm tip, worked like a champ there as well.  I just have to slow down and be patient with multi-color schemes.  That really is my limiting factor.  Took me about a week to get to this point from a dark grey primer coat. 

Got the wheel wells done this morning before work.  Tonight will be clear coat and decals over the weekend.  Weathering will be a very very light and non-contrasting panel line wash.

Cheers

Collin

I thinned the AK paints with Mr. Leveling Thinner to get the fine painting done (about 1/3 paint to 2/3rd thinner).  Then shot un-deluted paint straight from the jar (maybe a touch of thinner ust to improve the flow) and that started to give the "blotchy" look that I was trying to replicate.  Then I mixed in a touch or darker or lighter grey and added some touch up paint "blotches" as well.  Thinned AK shot pencil think lines from both the 770 and 20/20 (both of them I think are .2mm).  I shot some paint from my Tamiya .3mm tip, worked like a champ there as well.  I just have to slow down and be patient with multi-color schemes.  That really is my limiting factor.  Took me about a week to get to this point from a dark grey primer coat. 

Got the wheel wells done this morning before work.  Tonight will be clear coat and decals over the weekend.  Weathering will be a very very light and non-contrasting panel line wash.

Cheers

Collin

Thanks for the info. The painting job really looks good.  I've never been able to freehand very well and I admire those that do it well.

Leftover Two Bobs I believe, donated by a member here on the boards. 

Cheers

Collin

Actually those decals are Fightertown Decals 48023 "Holly Sh*t It's Vipers!". I know because I drew them lol :)

Looks great, really like the way the camo came out!!

Edited by Mike5401