Another Noob, but not to the hobby

Hey everyone, my name is Nick. 

I've recently re-fixated on modelling and started to get back into the hobby after about 10 years or so of not doing anything model related. I've still painted a few things here and there, mostly small 3D printed models or replica Nintendo cases for Raspberry Pi powered video game emulators, but I haven't really built anything. I used to scratch build a lot when I was in High School, and would love to get into some hyper detailing. I have been inspired to come back due to the desire to build a very detailed AH-64D replica of the one I worked on in Afghanistan. I'm now a Manufacturing Engineer for Sikorsky Commercial Aircraft. 

I picked up a Hasegawa kit, and some detail parts, but I would like to find some more. If anyone knows where I can get ASPI parts it would be a huge help. Hopefully I can start working on that soon after finishing the 1:12 Honda F1 I am working on. 

I look forward to getting back into the hobby and learning some new skills.

Apache 1.jpg

Welcome to the nut house Nick! First round is on you :cheers:...LOL!

F1 fan? I'm a big F1 Mercedes and Ferrari guy myself (talk about a stacked deck there though huh).  We could use a few more race and car fans around here.

Cheers!

Don

Howdy!

I'm just getting back into the hobby after a long hiatus. I too, am a detail freak. Why build out of the box when you can add more detail.

I just got the 1/48 Zoukei-Mura F-4J (Marines), along with Phase Hanger seamless intakes, and GT Resin exhaust cans. I'm up in the air about which scheme to do - VMFA-334 or 232, (Furball USMC Rhinos {Vietnam era}), VF-92 (Furball Phantom Air Wing Allstars pt. 1), or a VF-114 Mig Killer. Once that's decided, I'll gather the weapons.

Welcome to the nut house Nick! First round is on you :cheers:...LOL!

F1 fan? I'm a big F1 Mercedes and Ferrari guy myself (talk about a stacked deck there though huh).  We could use a few more race and car fans around here.

Cheers!

Don

I enjoy reading about and digging into the details of F1 for the shear fact that I am into engineering and design. I'm definitely a big car fan. The Honda I am working on is an RA273. Something awesome about classic race cars. I also have had some 1:1 vintage cars, and currently have an ongoing 240z project. It is a rust bucket right now though. 

Hi Nick,

Here are some links for the ASPI sets you may consider. They are for the Academy kit, but gives you a starting point. 

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/ah-64d-apache-aspi-exhaust-block-iii-conversion-academy-ac72027-armycast-ac72027-aircraft-modelling-conversion/product/?action=prodinfo&art=119286

https://www.armycast.cz/gb/5-172-resin-sets

-Jeff