This is odd....I wonder if anyone else having this problem?

I have had it quite a few times recently, when I am editing my FS/FT post.

What I do to overcome the "Server Error" is to edit one or two lines/items, then save the post. I then go back and do the same thing, as many times as it takes to edit my entire post.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak

I have had it quite a few times recently, when I am editing my FS/FT post.

What I do to overcome the "Server Error" is to edit one or two lines/items, then save the post. I then go back and do the same thing, as many times as it takes to edit my entire post.

Larry

Well THAT sounds convenient! I wonder if the moderators have any other suggestions?

Well THAT sounds convenient! I wonder if the moderators have any other suggestions?

I keep my FS/FT list on my computer as a Text file. 

When I need to update my FS posting, I do all the changes on my Text file, then remove the text in my ARC posting and replace it with my updated Text file. All I then have to do is add the various formatting (Bold Text, Underline, Strike Through). But if I get that dreaded "Server Error", I have to change a small section at a time, save it, then go back in and repeat the process until my whole post is updated. Not very "Convenient". :bandhead2:

Larry

I keep my FS/FT list on my computer as a Text file. 

When I need to update my FS posting, I do all the changes on my Text file, then remove the text in my ARC posting and replace it with my updated Text file. All I then have to do is add the various formatting (Bold Text, Underline, Strike Through). But if I get that dreaded "Server Error", I have to change a small section at a time, save it, then go back in and repeat the process until my whole post is updated. Not very "Convenient". :bandhead2:

Larry

Sounds familiar, I also typically do a "cut n' paste" from a text file. I just can't imagine a popular website that has been around for so long would allow such a glaring problem to remain a problem.

Sounds familiar, I also typically do a "cut n' paste" from a text file. I just can't imagine a popular website that has been around for so long would allow such a glaring problem to remain a problem.

One time it happened to me, I put a post up, but got ZERO replies.

So I just deleted the post, since  I was able to "work around" the issue.

Another time ISTR emailing Steve, but got no response. (I may have used the wrong email address).

Again, I just gave up trying to get help, since I had a (Not very easy) work around.

Larry

It could be a issue with the database behind the forum not being able to write to/update an existing record. 

I see it sometimes with the databases I deal with at work. I can't help with a fix but perhaps Steve approach the hosts to see if anything is being logged when these errors occur?

Sorry guys.  I have no clue how to fix this problem.

It could be a issue with the database behind the forum not being able to write to/update an existing record. 

I see it sometimes with the databases I deal with at work. I can't help with a fix but perhaps Steve approach the hosts to see if anything is being logged when these errors occur?

I only notice it when I try to post or update a LARGE posting. When I just update a large post a few lines at a time, it appears to work "as advertised".

Larry

Steve, I have been trying to mail in submissions to the gallery. But can not seem too. All my other emails are working, just the stuff to ARC is not sending.

Hi Shawn.  It works ok for me....but I have received no new articles in 5 days.  This indicates to me something is not working.  I am working on setting up a new dedicated server for the ARC site......not the ARC forums.  Once that is set up, I will test it and if it is able to function for ARC, then I will move the submissions@arcair.com e-mail box to the new server.

For now please send article to sheb@telus.net