Phase Hanger 32nd F-5E intakes

Hi all,

Has anyone given Phase Hange's new 32nd F-5E intakes a shot yet? I'm just wondering how the fit and look is. I've been burned by Aires and their ill fitting  undersized resin in the past and done want to drop cash on more junk. Thanks, Fred K.

I did be prepared to spend a lot time on sanding them down to fit inside of fuselage. I spend about a week on & off get them to just bearly fit, still not happy with them. Won't do that again. Not worth the money spent for so much work. Intake tubes walls are to thick. You almost have to get them paper thin to make them work with out worring about putting a hole in them. Just my opinion 

I did be prepared to spend a lot time on sanding them down to fit inside of fuselage. I spend about a week on & off get them to just bearly fit, still not happy with them. Won't do that again. Not worth the money spent for so much work. Intake tubes walls are to thick. You almost have to get them paper thin to make them work with out worring about putting a hole in them. Just my opinion 

Man.... am I  glad that I asked! I was seriously considering buying several sets, but think I'll pass now. Thanks for the intel ;0) Fred K.

Your wecolme, but let me say that i am not bashing phase hangars work. He does excellent work i bought other items from him and they great.also gt resin was going make intakes too but found them that it would be to hard to cast to the proper thickness to make them work and would cost to much. I just wish kh would have done them with the kit.

Truth be told they are not for the faint of heart! Although the masters are 3D printed they also required a ton of work to make useable. The hardest part as Robert said is wall thickness. They simply have to be castable and are quite long. Horses for courses of course and Robert, no harm no foul. I appreciate all input. End of the day, these require good old Mr Muscle and I even state that in the instructions. Remember this kit looks like they had intakes planned based on the outer intake section but for some reason KH decided to have a see through instead. Cheers guys. 

Truth be told they are not for the faint of heart! Although the masters are 3D printed they also required a ton of work to make useable. The hardest part as Robert said is wall thickness. They simply have to be castable and are quite long. Horses for courses of course and Robert, no harm no foul. I appreciate all input. End of the day, these require good old Mr Muscle and I even state that in the instructions. Remember this kit looks like they had intakes planned based on the outer intake section but for some reason KH decided to have a see through instead. Cheers guys. 

I've used PH resin before and always been pleased with it, which is why I'm considering the Tiger intakes. The part that is making me waver is that the fit doesn't seem to be too good. However, after hearing about the resin strength required to cast such a long tube, it does make sense, and is something that I hadn't considered. I've got 11 E's and 3 F's to build, and was planning on buying intakes for most of them. Maybe I'll buy one set and see how it goes.....

I would also like to make a plea to the aftermarket resin producers.....  PLEASE....... someone do a cockpit set for these kits! While the kit itself is quite nice, KH really screwed the pooch on the details and completely underwhelmed. Thanks, Fred.

Maybe I can do up a set of mine that are cleaned and ready to cast to make it a more drop in fit? Trust me I know what a bad girl they are! I truly appreciate the input and critical review. This was my first ever full depth, there are no intakes in the kit to work from venture. Live , learn and move  forward to better!