Resin MFGs HELP!!

Trumpeter screwed the pooch with the F-100 48th nose intake and the ONLY resin to correct it, and ya can't find them, is AMS.

Stop looking at exhaust and pay attention the intake!!  Ya might sell a few???

Rant off!!

Bo

X Mold  makes some for both the single seaters and the F.

Personally, I think you could have stopped typing after “Trumpeter screwed the pooch with the F-100.” 😈.  (Couldn’t resist!😉)

Ben

Thanks!!  First I seen them.  

They're modelers, not photographers!!  Can't see that lower nose!!

EDIT:  They're in RUSSIA???  Russia??  Any importers in the US??

Bo

Edited by jabow

Nope, he only sells direct. I’ve dealt with him in the past and recommend him.

Renaissance  from France also sells a nose correction. I’ve dealt with them, too and recommend them.

Ben

I've ordered from XMM too and had no problems. I found shipping Renaissance to be outrageous. I wanted to order their Mirage F1CT/CR set, but they wanted 30 euros to ship to the US. Almost as expensive as the set itself. The48ers stocks some of their stuff but is out of the F-100 intake. I would write Ilias, the owner, and inquire as to when he will be placing an order with Renaissance. Shipping from The48ers on Cyprus is much cheaper.

I still think that the XMM product is better as it is the whole intake back to the engine face. The Renaissance part is just the front piece of the intake. BTW, AMS is out of business due to the owner's health issues.

Edited by Mstor

Does the Monogram kit have the correct intake shape?

Yes!!  But seams  on fuselage sides and open access panels !!  Sand it smooth and start over with surface detail!!  Typical Monogram fit as well.

TAMIYA!!  Hasegawa!!  Somebody!! Help!!  LOL!!

Bo

According to late F-100 guru Dave Menard, Monogram nailed the shape of the F-100. It isn’t perfect, but even with a ton of aftermarket “corrections,” Trumpeter’s doesn’t measure up. The Monogram kit is mostly a Vietnam-era jet, but with the early 275-gal drop tanks. These can be updated with a 28 scale inch plug or some resin noses from the aftermarket. 

The open access panels on the Monogram kit are a PITA, but are easily fixed with a little filler. If you bend the upper panel slightly before installing it, it will follow the contour of the fuselage better. 

Most of the fuselage seam problem is caused by the one-piece wing. The gap is too narrow and the plastic on the lower fuselage half isn’t very flexible, so the sides of the upper half get pulled inward, causing a big step. The easy fix is to remove the stabilators and assemble the fuselage without the wing. After you clean up the now minor seams, split the wing and glue the left and right sides in place. 

I don’t like scribing models but I’ll take that over spending a ton of time and money getting the Trumpeter kit up to 75% of the Monogram kit.

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown