Any comments on the new Trumpeter Tu-22 Blinder?

Especially compared to the Modelsvit kit?  How’s the accuracy of the Trumpeter kit?  I know that the Trumpeter kit is easier to build, with the one piece fuselage, and has a less detailed interior (you can’t see much anyways), and it seems that it lacks a lot of the lumps and bumps, especially on the ECM tail cone option, which is completely smooth on the Trumpeter kit.  The gear legs on the Trumpeter kit seem a bit spindly too, and I wonder if it will hold it up.  Also, I’m aware that some of the decal options in the Trumpeter kit are for the bombers and not the K missile carrying versions that both kits represent.  My first impression is that the Trumpeter kit is a little more simplified, but is it a fair option to the Modelsvit kit?  I know either is better than the ancient ESCI kit.  TIA.

Edited by Dave Williams

Hi Dave i put a post up re it a few weeks ago.

Worth getting in short.

First it doesnt have some of the fine work the Modelsvit kit does ie finely scribed vents etc.

It does have a single piece fuselage and overall very good typical engineering from Trump so though less detailed its going to be easier to out together.

Dimensionally very close to the MV kit but from the Mk1 eyeball id say it has less coke bottle effect on the fuse but its still pretty clear.

Overall if your into Blinders id grab one it will definitely be an easier build than MV and imagine if Eduard do some PE it will lift it from a detail point very close to MV but again a far easier build.

I bought a second thats 5 Blinders in the collection..lol..3MV 2 Trump...

Hi Dave i put a post up re it a few weeks ago.

Worth getting in short.

First it doesnt have some of the fine work the Modelsvit kit does ie finely scribed vents etc.

It does have a single piece fuselage and overall very good typical engineering from Trump so though less detailed its going to be easier to out together.

Dimensionally very close to the MV kit but from the Mk1 eyeball id say it has less coke bottle effect on the fuse but its still pretty clear.

Overall if your into Blinders id grab one it will definitely be an easier build than MV and imagine if Eduard do some PE it will lift it from a detail point very close to MV but again a far easier build.

I bought a second thats 5 Blinders in the collection..lol..3MV 2 Trump...

I’ve got the original Esci/Italeri one, both boxing’s of the Modelsvit But not the Trumpeter yet. 

I’ve got the original Esci/Italeri one, both boxing’s of the Modelsvit But not the Trumpeter yet. 

Well you will want to offload the old Esci kit as fast as you can.

its in the far distance and needs a massive amount of work to get up to either of the other two.

love the Blinder!