Beautiful Eduard P-51D today

Excellent build.  That tail gear sits too high in the tail wheel well.  Anyway to lower it so the entire tail tire is visible below the doors????

Bo

Hi Bo, 

I’m glad you like my Mustang.  I built the tail wheel unit per the instructions but using the Brassin tailwheel  - it’s solidly in there at this point 🤷‍♂️   

I will take a closer look when I build up my second Eduard Mustang and see if I messed this up somehow.  

I would also like to say Thank You! to Steve or Terry or whoever took the time to put the article on the main page of ARC!  I didn’t submit it but that really means a lot to me.  I discovered this site as a sophomore at the Air Force Academy in 2001 and have been a member since 2004, not to mention a daily “checker” of this website for almost 18 years!  Everyone at ARC has done so much to teach me as a modeler and I am very grateful for those who take the time to chronicle their builds here.  

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi

I think you built and assembled that tail wheel per instructions.  All Eduard builds, IMHO, have the same issue.  Tail wheel gear sits too high in fuselage, and that give model, what others have noticed as well, a nose high stance.  Some were thinking that the main struts are too long.  But period photos show more of that tail wheel than does this kit.  Tamiya's 48th is pretty much dead on in that area.

Your work is just excellent!!  BRAVO!!

Bo

I think you built and assembled that tail wheel per instructions.  All Eduard builds, IMHO, have the same issue.  Tail wheel gear sits too high in fuselage, and that give model, what others have noticed as well, a nose high stance.  Some were thinking that the main struts are too long.  But period photos show more of that tail wheel than does this kit.  Tamiya's 48th is pretty much dead on in that area.

Your work is just excellent!!  BRAVO!!

Bo

Gotchya!  Thanks again for the kind words. 

Steve