Crazy race is on in Czech Republic since 8 AM. The Iron Bunny 2019 competition with a 24 hour build. A very long 24 hours this weekend for everyone there!  Eight 4 member teams compete in a tag team race with two at the table working at any given time.

The kit build subject is every year a surprise by the organizers. Well this year there were no extra points in guessing that the new Mustang kit will be on the work bench.

There is a live stream from the competition and regular photo updates on fake book. The camera actually at intervals zooms in on each teams table for a closer look. 

https://ironbunny.click2stream.com/

Hard work, I can only say good luck to the teams!

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

It is an interesting idea. It is hard, hard, hard! A lot of work and it must be a good team where there one has to trust all the others and know who is good in what.

As far as I could see it is mostly a Czech competition with little chance for outsiders, but you never know. OF course there is also a language barrier.

One has to know that the competition between the teams is not only the actual kit building, but there are other programs during the day for the "resting" members.

Still it is a great idea and something I would try. To see on the live stream 16 modellers working hard is excellent incentive to get on with some projects.

Best regards

Gabor

Not everything about the competition is clear (for me anyway).

It was interesting to see how the teams work and most of them had their own supplies but of course they did not know what to prepare for. The kit to be built was a secret until the start so you will not be able to take with you the whole home collection of paints to be able to cope with every challenge.

Surely the organizers had to add and help with colours and additional materials. If you look at the main table in the middle of the room, it had all the things from which the teams were able to work. Now with the end of the competition the teams are packing up and it is visible on live stream that they are putting back the paints they used from the suplied stocks.

OK it is a competition but of course it is also a PR & marketing for the organizer and the products in his range.

Compressed air, all the tools, lights and what ever was by the teams.

Have no idea who the winner is but of what was visible on the cam close ups the kits did look nice! I am sure they will add all the details later on fakebook.

Best regards

Gabor

No, no seriously! 

Well actually the winner really was a Mustang but there were 8 of them all in all. :)  :)

First place went to Plastic Kommando team. Congratulation to them!

The hard part comes next year, they will have to defend the title.

Best regards

Gabor

Hi,

Nice models (as expected). I see that several of the teams also built the Velorex.

As far as I know, the Velorex is in 1/72 scale but it's something quirky to display next to these Mustangs.

And apparantly, one of the other components of the competition was throwing paper aeroplanes.:woot.gif:

Cheers, Stefan.

Yes, every year there are different tasks for the teams, well the 2 members who are at that moment not building the kit. Every time it is different.

I am sure they have fun during this competition!  But of course a lot of work too!

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • 3 weeks later...