New 1/48 P-38F/G/H Decals coming from Xtradecal

While looking around to see what might be coming out to go with the new Tamiya P-38 I found these listed as a future release.

Got to say I'm happy to see these.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X48215

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X48214

But my stack of P-38 decals is already 4 inches thick! LOL

qd7ZAM1.jpg

I'm so ready for my 2 kits to get here and get started. Don' think I've been this excited about a kit in a long time. Model desk is clear and ready to go!

Mike

While looking around to see what might be coming out to go with the new Tamiya P-38 I found these listed as a future release.

qd7ZAM1.jpg

I'm so ready for my 2 kits to get here and get started. Don' think I've been this excited about a kit in a long time. Model desk is clear and ready to go!

Mike

Haha, nice Mike!  I am super pumped because I see Xtradecal is going to do “Pat II”. I have the same exact Aeromaster sheet that’s pictured on top of your stack, and while the sheet has decals for Pat II, some of the decals on my copy of that sheet are pretty blurred and not really usable.  It’s hard to believe the old Aeromaster sheet dates back to 1993!  It’s definitely time for new P-38 decals!

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi

Also, Fundekals is releasing a pretty nice looking sheet for this kit as well.   Now if only T would put out this Lightning in 32nd scale....   

Oh wow, I hadn’t heard that yet!  Thanks for the heads up 11bee- do you have a link?  I didn’t say anything over on their website or Hyperscale 

Steve

Edited by Falconxlvi

Definitely thank you for this head’s up. I have 2 kits coming from Scalehobbyist, and I want to do one in paint and one in NMF.  

I posted a question over on LSP on that.   Doesn't sound like there were any of these aircraft in NMF.   OD / Grey was the only scheme....

I posted a question over on LSP on that.   Doesn't sound like there were any of these aircraft in NMF.   OD / Grey was the only scheme....

That's fine.  Finding a good scheme in 'painted' finish will work for me....NMF from different decals is fine!

Actually, there was at least one NMF P-38F in operation.  The bottom of page 24 of the 1990 edition of "P-38 Lightning in Action" has a photo of a NMF P-38F (the caption says P-38F-15) with 5 kill markings, one Italian and four German.  In addition, there are eleven bombing mission symbols.  I'd love to do this aircraft, but unfortunately the caption says that any further information is unknown.

qd7ZAM1.jpg

Mike

Wow! I thought my decal collection was big. Well, it was at one time. I sold a lot of them off and have narrowed it down to three schemes for the Early P-38. Have to wait a while to see if Tamiya follows up with the Late Model Lightnings, because then there may be parts available to do a dedicated P-38H.

I did see the kit in the flesh at a local shop. You will be very very happy when you get these P-38s!

Actually, there was at least one NMF P-38F in operation.  The bottom of page 24 of the 1990 edition of "P-38 Lightning in Action" has a photo of a NMF P-38F (the caption says P-38F-15) with 5 kill markings, one Italian and four German.  In addition, there are eleven bombing mission symbols.  I'd love to do this aircraft, but unfortunately the caption says that any further information is unknown.

Well thank you for the update on a NMF Lightning for one of the earlier versions.  I think I’ll be satisfied with Major Bong’s NMF ‘Marge’, assuming, of course, that Tamiya will eventually make an H version with its new tooling.  I can definitely see doing 2 different painted P-38s of the F/G variety while waiting for a H to arrive. 

Cool.  Where did your models come from?  I have 2 scheduled for delivery to me on Monday from Scalehobbyist.

Sprue Brothers. The next two I order will likely be from Scale Hobbyist. I also have a order from them due monday but it's just for paintbrushes, tape and sanding sticks.

Mike

Just ordered mine! Paid just over $49 includes shipping!

The old 1990s Tamiya kits have seen their day in the sun; good to have them step up and retool some iconic WW 2 aircraft.

Where did you order your from?

Mike

Where did you order your from?

Mike

I purchased them from Lucky Model. They sent me a promo email. The shipping is by surface so will take longer, but it will have a tracking number. They will notify me when the kit is shipped. Then wait a month . . . no problem since I have some other kits in the works and I also have to decide which scheme I want my P-38s to wear.:yahoo:

I have held the plastic in my hands and I was very impressed with the kit. Lets hope Tamiya decides to make the later P-38s and a dedicated later P-38H. 

Here's the text of what they sent me since their website doesn't show this information.

👇

US$10 Flat International surfacemail shipping (for US and Canada address only)

* A flat, US$10 shipping charges for any orders over US$120.
* It is trackable shipping. Local tracking number will only be uploaded in about 1 to 2 months.
* Delivery Time: 35 to 90 business days.
* Valid till Oct 31, 2019.

The shopping cart page will display the flat rate US$10 of your selected items, when you select the surface mail option and place order with US$120 or over. Act Now!

line

Promotion Codes

10% OFF on any purchase of US$60 or more (coupon code: MEGA10)

18% OFF on any purchase of US$150 or more (coupon code: MEGA18)

Enter Coupon Code to the promotion code box on your online order form when checking out and to press "Go" button to receive the extra savings. This promotion expires Oct 31, 2019.

Term and Conditions:
1. The coupon discount can only be used for purchasing goods, but not for paying the shipping & handling charges.
2. This coupon cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers.
3. Luckymodel.com reserves the right for the final decision in case of dispute.

I just noticed that Eduard will be making Brassin Super Chargers for the Tamiya kit due out in December. Wow! Quickboost will probably step up too.

Can't wait for my kits to get here. If Tamiya still had Tamiyacon in California I would personally thank them for making a very nice P-38F/G.