The Modern Prowler Guide

On 11/1/2019 at 4:00 PM, Jagdtiger46 said:

While I like the Prowler OK, I really prefer the Intruder. Any chance of a volume on the Intruder, Jake? I'd buy that in a New York minute.

I'd love to but since there are no more flying examples I don't think it's possible.  Museum jets are notoriously bad examples to use as reference.

Jake

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well received my copy recently and holy cow what a book. I would truly say that if you are building a model of the Prowler you need this book. In fact there is almsot too much information if that is such a thing. Well done Jake. I have a few other books on the Prowler but nothing compares. I have 3 Monogram kits and almost afraid to start them with the info in this book. I would probably end up rebuilding everything. I am not sure how the Kinetic kit compares but I have read it is much better. Maybe I should start there as it may be less of a headache. 

My book came this morning, carefully packaged and in pristine condition, with the decals I also ordered.

Sat down with a coffee an thumbed through the latest publication. I have to say it’s excellent, better than excellent, makes me want to build both of my 1/48 Kinetic kits and scratch a conversion for the Trumpy 1/32.

A hearty congratulations to you Jake, you’ve smashed it yet again.

It makes me want your next title, the Harrier even more. Will you stick to the US versions or add the Royal Navy’s FRS 1 and FA2? I see a guy in the States has a flying Royal Navy FA2 on the show circuit.

Thanks again for a quality book.

Ian. 

Hey, Ian.  I really appreciate your great feedback! 

With regards to the Harrier book, it will cover the AV-8B (and those versions (radar, B+, etc) and the GR7/9 in British service.

Jake

The wife kindly bought me a copy which arrived over the weekend and I echo Ian’s comment, the books always arrive across the Atlantic in spotless condition.

The books are always impressive and definitely the best reference works out there, but I can’t help thinking you are missing a trick in expanding your empire.  Could you not employ some urchins around the world to collect photos of other types....there is host of MiG’s, Sukhoi’s etc. out the just waiting for the Melampy treatment. 

Tim

On 1/10/2020 at 10:12 PM, jmel said:

Hey, Ian.  I really appreciate your great feedback! 

With regards to the Harrier book, it will cover the AV-8B (and those versions (radar, B+, etc) and the GR7/9 in British service.

Jake

Great news Jake, this will mean I can do my Trumpy Harrier justice as a GR9 in Afghan.

On 1/12/2020 at 5:08 PM, RacingMonk said:

The wife kindly bought me a copy which arrived over the weekend and I echo Ian’s comment, the books always arrive across the Atlantic in spotless condition.

That's really great to hear.  I struggled for a long time with how to protect them during the overseas trips. I still get some that get destroyed by the postal service, but it seems like I've gotten it mostly figured out.  About time!!

Thanks again, guys!

Jake