F-15 engines needed.....another try

Since I got no response in Spare Parts:  I have a Hasegawa 1/48th scale kit that needs a engine set without the Turkey Feathers. My intent is to build a F-15 from my old squadron, the 5th FIS.

How do the engines differ between the A and C models?  Could you use aftermarket parts for the C (like the awesome KA Models exhausts) and still pull off an A model?

Excellent choice on the 5th FIS Eagle, by the way.  They were the best looking of those ADC F-15's in my opinion.

-Ryan

Since I got no response in Spare Parts:  I have a Hasegawa 1/48th scale kit that needs a engine set without the Turkey Feathers. My intent is to build a F-15 from my old squadron, the 5th FIS.

Are you intent on getting the Hasegawa parts only? I mean, there are a lot of aftermarket sets of F-15 exhausts without the turkey feathers. Ryan mentioned the KA models ones which are probably the best available, but Aires makes a decent set too. I have, I think, a couple old Hasegawa kits with their version of the exhausts, the ones with photoetch parts. If those are what you want, I could dig through my kits and find them and send one to you. I'll never use them as the aftermarket ones are much better, especially the KA Models ones. PM me if that's what you want. Frankly, I think the aftermarket sets are better.

BN7149, AS far as I was told, the A and C models were practically identical except for some electronic and probably instrument changes.  

Thanks for the compliment about the 5th markings, I did a lot of work on the design and built several of the Monogram kits with variations of the markings until the Commander approved the final set.  The initial concept for the design showed up during our squadron contest and came from a guy in maintenance but it needed a lot of changes and modifications before acceptance.  I spent weeks making changes before Col. Coe approved the final design.  I also managed to add the lightning bolt name plates and a couple other things along the way.

At this point I'll take any set that fits.  

I tried looking at Squadron, something I don't do very often, as well as Freetime and sprue brothers but never found anything.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll start looking into those kits.

I tried looking at Squadron, something I don't do very often, as well as Freetime and sprue brothers but never found anything.

Here, these are for a F-15C, but as you noted, all the same:

https://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/ars4336.htm

Now these are the KA Models exhausts:

http://ka-models.co.kr/?product=148-f-15-cdek-pw-exhaust-nozzle-set-opened-for-hasegawa

They are available as just the external part of the exhaust nozzles or a set with the burner cans. If you are not concerned about using the Hasegawa burner cans, the external part only set is considerably cheaper. These exhaust nozzles have to be seen to be believed. The detail is amazing and to scale. I purchase mine directly from KA Models, but they are available from The48ers.com and from various sellers on eBay.