• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Late to the party here, but found out earlier tonight how crap Squadron Green now is, with the exact same problem as the OP. 😡 Please Squadron if you can please go back to the original formula 

Looks like my modelling days are numbered as I can't seem to get any of the materials that I've been using for the past 30 yrs, enamel paints and thinners are getting harder to find by the day and when you do find it the postage costs are so extreme you'd think it was Enriched Plutonium you were buying.

NEXT thought.  I've got FOUR UNOPENED TUBES of the new white crap...I was about out (old stuff) and thought I'd stock up to last several years (bought 5, opened 1, discovered how useless it was).  

Maybe it's just spiteful to think, but I'm actually considering sending all 4 unopened tubes back to Squadron, just to send a message.  What do you think?

I would as they've sold a product that is unusable and not fit for purpose. I can't send mine back but I'm certainly going to send an email explaining my frustrations and disappointment. 

Your only chance if you should be unfortunate enough to buy any of the new stuff. It may hold up to some home improvement project. Maybe they tried to reach the broader audience while giving the modeling folks a cold shoulder. I`m sitting here with two green and two white tubes and not even sure i `m gonna bother trying to sell them off to some other unfortunate chap. Indeed, Tamiya seems to have their shitzu in one piece so i say go for the Tamiya fillers. 

Edited by breadneck