Forums formatting problems

For some unknown reason, since the most recent restoration of the ARC forums due to a corrupted table in the database the forums are not formatting for some ARC forum members on some devices.

Here is a fix for this problem discovered by ARC forum member Mstor

I will quote his exact words...

"I figured it out. If you are experiencing the problem where the formatting of the forum is basically gone and is all text, do the following. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find the link labeled "Theme". Click on it and select "Old ARC (default)". That fixed the problem for me."
2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Hah!  I didn't experience the formatting problems others mentioned (I'm viewing on an iPad with Safari), but I I went ahead and checked the Old ARC format anyway for giggles and that fixed the missing text in dialogs problem I and others reported last week.

Yup...I noticed the quote function is working properly.  So perhaps that was the first sign of the problem?

5 hours ago, SBARC said:

the forums are not formatting for some ARC forum members on some devices.

Everything looked fine for me on my PC, until I made a new post. Then everything went wonky.

Fortunately I had already read Mstor's fix which fixed everything for me.

I was going to suggest that you explain the fix on the home page but see you already thought of that. :thumbsup:

Perhaps this thread should be pinned for a few days in case confused users don't think to go check the home page.

:cheers:

5 hours ago, SBARC said:

Yup...I noticed the quote function is working properly.  So perhaps that was the first sign of the problem?

I noticed it too. I'm just glad everything seems to be working the way its supposed to. I pretty much just stumbled onto the fix. Just lucky I guess. :thumbsup:

• SBARC pinned this topic
7 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Perhaps this thread should be pinned for a few days in case confused users don't think to go check the home page.

:cheers:

Good idea...I pinned this thread.

16 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Hah!  I didn't experience the formatting problems others mentioned (I'm viewing on an iPad with Safari), but I I went ahead and checked the Old ARC format anyway for giggles and that fixed the missing text in dialogs problem I and others reported last week.

That's strange because I HAD the problem on a I Pad with Safari.

8 hours ago, cag_200 said:

Theme - Old ARC (default)    = works for me!

In reckon the site is hacked, mayby not on purpose.

'Twas a corrupted database table. Depending on which table, it can reek havoc on a database's data.

I was having the issue using Firefox (70.0.1) on Win10 - absolutely HUGE squares with a letter, and all text, links etc vertically-stacked down the left of the page...

....found the fix, and it's worked - thanks...

8 hours ago, andyf117 said:

I was having the issue using Firefox (70.0.1) on Win10 - absolutely HUGE squares with a letter, and all text, links etc vertically-stacked down the left of the page...

....found the fix, and it's worked - thanks...

Your's is the same set up as mine and I was having the exact same symptoms. Essentially, all the fancy html formatting was gone. Weird huh?

• 1 year later...