Mitsubishi F-2A and F-16C Block 40/50

I am going to make Hasegawa's F-2A aircraft and I am thinkig if is it possbile to use some aftermarkets designed for F-16 kits.

I know there is dedicated Aires wheel bay for F-2A, but probably nothing more.

But what about resin exhaust nozzle? The resin nozzle for Tamiya's F-16C Block 50fits almost perfect and looks identical to nozzle of real F-2A.

I don't know is this the same engine.And what about ejection seat and wheels - may I use those for F-16C Block 50 also?

Anyone help?

RkmDqhd.jpg

I used an Aires nozzle for a F-16 (Hasegawa) and it fit fine, if I remember correctly. KASL makes a nozzle set for the F-2A/B now...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KASL-Hobby-1-48-Japan-F-2A-B-F110-IHI-129-Exhaust-Nozzles-resin-Set-For-Hasegawa/223683404976?hash=item341491e4b0:g:~hYAAOSwkS9djgEK

Also used a Quickboost ACES seat for the F-16 but had to add the distinctive canopy breakers.

Edited by Mstor
3 hours ago, Solo said:

Thank you, I thought this ejection seat is very similar to F-16 ACES seat plus those long breakers - it is not difficult to scratch them.
But what about wheels? May I use those ones for F-16C Block 50?

If you use an ACES seat also don't forget to use the rails that come with the kit seat.

As far as the wheels, I haven't a clue. Never was very knowledgeable about the various wheels. I used the kit ones.

1 hour ago, Gary F said:

Wolfpack has a resin exhaust and Royale Resin has wheels (think they are same as block 40).  There's also some PE sets for the A and B versions. 

The wheels are the same for an early life block 40.  The block 40’s during the 90’s received the same wheels as the block 50. 

Yeah, I knew they changed at some point but didnt recall when at the moment. 

The RR set for the F-2 wheels is R024, which look the same as the sets for the block 40-42 F-16's.  I've got a few sets and they are quite nice.  

12 hours ago, PlasticWeapons said:

I made a seamless intake for the F-2A/B, it’s available at Phase Hangar Resin:

I know it, but I am affraid, those resins are not suitable for me, because I am going to use my Aires wheel bays, and it is almos impossible to put nose wheel bay into this resin intake.
Aires nose wheel bay is far better then Phase Hangar one.

9 hours ago, Mstor said:

If you use an ACES seat also don't forget to use the rails that come with the kit seat.

Ok, but why?

7 hours ago, achterkirch said:

The wheels are the same for an early life block 40.  The block 40’s during the 90’s received the same wheels as the block 50. 

So if F-2A uses the same wheels as F-16C Block 40, so maybe I could use Wheeliant wheels for Sufa?

83Lw5OL.png

1 hour ago, Solo said:

I know it, but I am affraid, those resins are not suitable for me, because I am going to use my Aires wheel bays, and it is almos impossible to put nose wheel bay into this resin intake.
Aires nose wheel bay is far better then Phase Hangar one.

Ok, but why?

So if F-2A uses the same wheels as F-16C Block 40, so maybe I could use Wheeliant wheels for Sufa?

83Lw5OL.png

The Sufa is a block 52. You’ll need wheels for a block 40 Barak.

Mark

31 minutes ago, Solo said:

Ok, I got it. But what is a difference between wheels for Sufa Block 52 and F-16 Block 40?

Wheels for Sufa:

RuYdYPs.png

Wheels for Block 40/50/60:

hv9XxsR.png

So maybe I should choose this second one?

Ok so a little history. When the block 40 first came out in the late 80’s the main wheels looked liked like the did in this picture

https://www.airfighters.com/photo/220099/M/USA-Air-Force/General-Dynamics-F-16C-Fighting-Falcon/89-2009/

Then I believe in the Mid 90’s they started changing them out with the same main gear wheels as found on the block 50

but the ones on the F-2 are the original block 40 wheels so unfortunately the ones you where looking at won’t work.  I believe they where only done by Royal resins. 

4 hours ago, Solo said:
14 hours ago, Mstor said:

Ok, but why?

Well, the Quickboost seats din't come with the rails. Looking at some others, I realize that some aftermarket seat do come with them. So, remember to use the rails if they aren't included. I know, call me Mr. Obvious, duh!

3 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Well, the Quickboost seats din't come with the rails. Looking at some others, I realize that some aftermarket seat do come with them. So, remember to use the rails if they aren't included. I know, call me Mr. Obvious, duh!

Ok, I believed there was something more. 🙂

Fai attenzione alla Sufa, quindi al Block 52 e al Block 60, hanno ruote diverse dal Block 40/42 che a loro volta differiscono dal Block 50.

Inoltre, il blocco 52/60 ha la ruota anteriore con sezione maggiorata grazie all'uso dei serbatoi di carburante conformi (CFT).

Quindi per il tuo progetto F-2 hai bisogno di un set di ruote specifico, Royale Resin crea un set per il Block 40/42, spero che ti aiuti.

Edited by ViperZero
49 minutes ago, ViperZero said:

Fai attenzione alla Sufa, quindi al Block 52 e al Block 60, hanno ruote diverse dal Block 40/42 che a loro volta differiscono dal Block 50.

Inoltre, il blocco 52/60 ha la ruota anteriore con sezione maggiorata grazie all'uso dei serbatoi di carburante conformi (CFT).

Quindi per il tuo progetto F-2 hai bisogno di un set di ruote specifico, Royale Resin crea un set per il Block 40/42, spero che ti aiuti.

Translation?

Google translate is your firend. 🙂

Ok guys, thank you for your help. Now I see I can not use normal wheels for Block 40, Royale Resin is the only way, but those wheels are rather ugly, so I think I will choose kit's ones.

Google translation: 

Pay attention to Sufa, so in Block 52 and Block 60, they have different wheels from the Block 40/42 which in turn differ from Block 50.

Furthermore, the 52/60 block has the front wheel with increased cross-section thanks to the use of compliant fuel tanks (CFT).

So for your F-2 project you need a specific set of wheels, Royale Resin creates a set for the Block 40/42, I hope it helps you.