What's the going rate for the Zactomodels Flanker stuff?

(no idea whether this should be posted here, in GD, the Zactomodels forum or B/S/T...)

Looking to unload a 1/32 Zacto Su-27 canopy and nose set, but I have no idea what the going rate is for them (particularly the canopy).  Any suggestions?

It is not something to be sold often. I saw canopy set couple of times on eBay during last 2 or 3 years and was able to snatch one of them for very good price (you probably won't want to sell your set for that price so I won't name it). Don't know what other set went for. 

Well, the nosecone is still available from Zactoman for $17.00. The Canopy set is a different story. As you are no doubt aware, it is no longer available and rare as hen's teeth. It sold for $32.00 when it was available. Now? A gazillion dollars, probably. There are probably people that will pay you a lot of money for the canopy set. What's a reasonable price is up to the individual making the purchase. If you want to make a Bunch 'O Bucks, then start high and wait. Someone will buy it eventually. If you want to ask a fair price, then two or three times the original asking price would probably be fair.  I sold off some rare Cutting Edge 1/32 sets, the big ones, and asked about 1.5 times the original asking price. Wanted to make some money, but didn't want to gouge the buyer. Few of us in the hobby are rolling in dough.

I know that if I was still doing 1/32 scale and wanted the canopy set, I'd easily pay $100 for it. I had the set once and it is worth it.

I got Zacto's 1/32nd scale Su-27 whole deal meal back in the day; didn't know that the canopy set was no longer available.

Don't think I'd be building that kit for room space limit. Thought of publishing the whole deal on evilBay, but could spare it to you, Mark, if so you need it. Not quite interested in making a Bunch 'O Bucks out of it tho, just a fair price for you.

28 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

I got Zacto's 1/32nd scale Su-27 whole deal meal back in the day; didn't know that the canopy set was no longer available.

Don't think I'd be building that kit for room space limit. Thought of publishing the whole deal on evilBay, but could spare it to you, Mark, if so you need it. Not quite interested in making a Bunch 'O Bucks out of it tho, just a fair price for you.

Is MoFo's real name Mark? Cause I'm not the one looking, he is. Like I have said, there are too many Marks on this board. :dontknow:

Edited by Mstor
4 hours ago, MoFo said:

Yep.  Not a Mark, and not looking to buy.

I am a Mark, but I am also not looking to buy (don't do 1/32 scale stuff anymore).

Now, I think we've figured all that out. Back to your regularly scheduled programming. :whistle:

1 hour ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Oh, no; sorry. I meant my friend Mark Storin, aka, Mstor. Thought you were after the Zacto 1/32 Flanker canopy set.

Sorry to confuse you my friend. Back when I used to do 1/32 scale, I had a Trumpeter 1/32 Su-27 kit a everything Zactoman made for it at the time, including the canopy. Eventually sold it all as a full meal deal. Had a ton of other aftermarket with it too. I realized that after I moved back up north, I didn't have room for displaying the large scale kits. Sold or gave away them all. :crying2:

I bought the 1/32nd A-7 set with the canopy corrections in 2010 at the IPMS USA Nats in Phoenix. I can't remember what I paid for it but it was reasonable. Now it is not in production any more as he cannot get the canopy sets made. Anyway the reason I bring this up is that I recall someone hot and heavy to buy my set and was willing to pay $300 for it. Yes I could have made a ton but felt like that was gouging and believe it or not I might actually build it as I do love the A-7. Did not even have the kit at the time but figured I could always get that and I was right. My new moto is get the resin while you can, you can always get the kit.

So mofo maybe as Mstor says 1.5 to 2 times original price?