Kinetic Cheetah B/D

I've had my ear to the ground about this for about a year, even asked on Kinetics Facebook page without reply. So, no idea and will just have to wait patiently.

EDIT Scalemates actually says released already (2018) but that can't be true. I remember it from around this time last year because I was going to want one for Christmas.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/kinetic-k48081-cheetah-d--1151267

Edited by avgass

No problem mentioning the Scaleworx set. I keep thinking about that but thought we might see the Kinetic kit by the end of the year.  I had hoped when Kinetic had their surprise announcement (F-104’s) that it was actually the Cheetah, oh well. 

Actually had hoped Raymond would see this and comment. 

Since the engineering upgrade since 2017, we are constantly reevaluate the subject selection as well as performance yield from new tooling system. 

The surprise release of F-104G proof one thing - we are stepping into the top ties model maker in aircraft with specified panel line rivet and fitting. Thus we may reorganise the subject priorities to the market. Therefore we will only announce the item 45 days from the product release. 

As for the Cheetah release, the boxart will come out when it is ready to ship. So keep an eye on our Facebook or others channel for preorder. 

14 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Therefore we will only announce the item 45 days from the product release. 

I am 100% with you on this one.  Nothing but DRAMA from the folks here with pre-announced models.

Looking forward to the Cheetas  🙂

Edited by pookie
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 2:54 AM, Gary F said:

No problem mentioning the Scaleworx set.

It's quite a nice cast which I've been able to graft onto the ancient Heller kit with no trouble at all.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:11 AM, Raymond Chung said:

As for the Cheetah release, the boxart will come out when it is ready to ship. So keep an eye on our Facebook or others channel for preorder.

Hi Ray,

Any news on those spare parts you promised me regarding the GWH 1/48 Su-35 kit?

On 11/24/2019 at 2:11 PM, Raymond Chung said:

Since the engineering upgrade since 2017, we are constantly reevaluate the subject selection as well as performance yield from new tooling system. 

The surprise release of F-104G proof one thing - we are stepping into the top ties model maker in aircraft with specified panel line rivet and fitting. Thus we may reorganise the subject priorities to the market. Therefore we will only announce the item 45 days from the product release. 

I don't want to start any kind of argument, no insult your or other's people work, but I'm just curious about this cause as we know some aircraft and its variants are a minefield, so let's keep it neutral and pick a subject like the F-15 or why not the Mig-21, so my question is:

It is possible to make multiple gender neutral Mig-21 fuselages (MF, Bis, PF, F, U and whatever) and have no more than 10 key parts apart to avoid remolding a completely newer fuselage for a version that might not sell well?

Yes I'm talking about some sorta of multipurpose Swiss cheese fuselage and maybe wings as long its variants are based on that

Luigi

48 minutes ago, Mizar said:

I don't want to start any kind of argument, no insult your or other's people work, but I'm just curious about this cause as we know some aircraft and its variants are a minefield, so let's keep it neutral and pick a subject like the F-15 or why not the Mig-21, so my question is:

It is possible to make multiple gender neutral Mig-21 fuselages (MF, Bis, PF, F, U and whatever) and have no more than 10 key parts apart to avoid remolding a completely newer fuselage for a version that might not sell well?

Yes I'm talking about some sorta of multipurpose Swiss cheese fuselage and maybe wings as long its variants are based on that

Luigi

Logically it can. but remember we are working on a plastic. Even the tooling is 100% accurate, the produced parts produced will have different degrees of tolerance which make it difficult to assembling. 

And more importantly, the long term running cost of injection is bigger than the one time tooling cost. Therefore we already abandon the multi parts design to save tooling, instead we duplicate the parts in the tooling to save production cost. But different manufacturers position at different stage, so each has its own concern. But that is just our thinking. 

13 hours ago, Raymond Chung said:

Logically it can. but remember we are working on a plastic. Even the tooling is 100% accurate, the produced parts produced will have different degrees of tolerance which make it difficult to assembling. 

And more importantly, the long term running cost of injection is bigger than the one time tooling cost. Therefore we already abandon the multi parts design to save tooling, instead we duplicate the parts in the tooling to save production cost. But different manufacturers position at different stage, so each has its own concern. But that is just our thinking. 

Thanks Raymond, thought the tooling part and the related research were more expensive than everything, which kinda explains why now Revell blanks off certain parts from their 1/72 F-16 kits instead of having an all inclusive F-16A and for that it forces people to hunt down earlier boxes or purchase AM sets

Luigi