Kit selling prices

I'm trying to look up the selling prices of two Hasegawa 1/48 (high grade "SP", metal wheel hubs etc) F-14's....an "A" and "D" model without any success. I know those sorts of prices depend upon what the buyer is willing to spend etc and can vary widely. I have Googled using many different entries.

Can anyone here give me an approximate value?

Lacking that, can anyone direct me to an easy to use data base/site that I could use to look up such information?

Thanks for any help.

Bob

realistically now that the Tamiya Tomcat is out..

Look for a selling price between $35 and $45 for any Hasegawa Tomcat, high grade or not.  I sold a complete VF-31 F-14D package with the kit VF-31 last cruise kit, aires exhaust, Fightertown Decals, Aires Cockpit and only got $60 for it on auction 

They're just obsolete...

10 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

realistically now that the Tamiya Tomcat is out..

Look for a selling price between $35 and $45 for any Hasegawa Tomcat, high grade or not.  I sold a complete VF-31 F-14D package with the kit VF-31 last cruise kit, aires exhaust, Fightertown Decals, Aires Cockpit and only got $60 for it on auction 

They're just obsolete...

Are there any variants of the Tomcat Hasegawa kitted  which are not available from Tamiya at this point?  Maybe in those cases The Hasegawa can still be viable?

Edited by Kurt H.
10 hours ago, Kurt H. said:

Are there any variants of the Tomcat Hasegawa kitted  which are not available from Tamiya at this point?  Maybe in those cases The Hasegawa can still be viable?

More or less the only kit that still has some dollar value is the very early A, the Wolfpack kit. 

Best way to get the "current market price" is to sign into ebay and check the "sold items" button in the search criteria.  Just looking at current auctions can be misleading because sellers can set artificially high prices (in which case they won't sell) or set very low prices to entice bidding (in which case most of the action is near the end of the auction)  as with anything a larger sample size is usually better.

On 11/13/2019 at 1:36 PM, Bob Beary said:

I'm trying to look up the selling prices of two Hasegawa 1/48 (high grade "SP", metal wheel hubs etc) F-14's....an "A" and "D" model without any success. I know those sorts of prices depend upon what the buyer is willing to spend etc and can vary widely. I have Googled using many different entries.

Can anyone here give me an approximate value?

Lacking that, can anyone direct me to an easy to use data base/site that I could use to look up such information?

Thanks for any help.

Bob

Hi Bob. Over the past year I’ve seen them sold for $35-50, even $60+ for limited edition boxing’s.