Another happy Reskit customer! /Academy 32nd F-18

Hi everyone,

About a month back I posted a question, either here or on LSP, regarding if anyone had used Reskit's 32nd Hornet exhaust set for the Academy kit. I didn't get any answers, so I decided to take a chance and ordered three sets along with some F-105 wheels. The goods arrived yesterday, and I just test fitted one of the Hornet nozzles, and thankfully, unlike the Aires Hornet exhaust can set (which is too small), Reskit's sets fits beautifully! In addition,  the Aires set will cost you around $35..... Reskit's cost $20 and actually are usable! The Thud wheels are quite nice too.

I order directly from Reskit, and the goods took about 16 days to arrive in the US from the Ukraine. Shipping was a reasonable $12. The sets are very nice, and were well packed. A big thumbs up for Reskit from me! And no, I'm not associated with them,  just passing along some intel to my fellow modelers 😁 Fred K.

Edited by f5guy
16 minutes ago, f5guy said:

Hi everyone,

About a month back I posted a question, either here or on LSP, regarding if anyone had used Reskit's 32nd Hornet exhaust set for the Academy kit. I didn't get any answers, so I decided to take a chance and ordered three sets along with some F-105 wheels. The goods arrived yesterday, and I just test fitted one of the Hornet nozzles, and thankfully, unlike the Aires Hornet exhaust can set (which is too small), Reskit's sets fits beautifully! In addition,  the Aires set will cost you around $35..... Reskit's cost $20 and actually are usable! The Thud wheels are quite nice too.

I order directly from Reskit, and the goods took about 16 days to arrive in the US from Russia. Shipping was a reasonable $12. The sets are very nice, and were well packed. A big thumbs up for Reskit from me! And no, I'm not associated with them,  just passing along some intel to my fellow modelers 😁 Fred K.

Did you get the BRU-33/55 CVER's? I have the 48th sets and they're fantastic. 

8 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Did you get the BRU-33/55 CVER's? I have the 48th sets and they're fantastic. 

I did not. I mainly model in 72nd and 32nd scale. I was just over at their site looking at their 32nd scale BRU-55s and they do look outstanding alright! Fred K.

Edited by f5guy
3 hours ago, RedCrown said:

Does anyone know the difference between the Type 1 and 2 exhaust they have for 1/48 Super Hornet?

One has a notch like feature at the end of the exhaust petals and the other doesn't, just a straight edge. You can find both on the same aircraft, in fact both on the same engine (I think I saw one like that, that is).

Edit: Here's a pic of an F-18F (I think) with the left engine having both types of exhaust petals.

190630-N-GW654-1497.JPG

Edited by Mstor

Please, guys

Let's not open a new thread with regard to how happy customers we are about ResKit because we might as well have a lot of new threads on the same subject, and that's just a broadband waste. There already exists a thread regarding how happy customers ResKit make us, so please, in future, refrain from opening a new thread on the same subject everytime there is a customer who's happy about ResKit stuff.  

30 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Please, guys

Let's not open a new thread with regard to how happy customers we are about ResKit because we might as well have a lot of new threads on the same subject, and that's just a broadband waste. There already exists a thread regarding how happy customers ResKit make us, so please, in future, refrain from opening a new thread on the same subject everytime there is a customer who's happy about ResKit stuff.  

wow! I'm glad this thread was started I had no idea about this manufacture! If F5guy wants to post and make us aware of an excellent product I think that's great (F5guy knows more about modelling than I'll ever know...plus he's a good friend!) Thanks guys for posting!!! and the link to some great products! There I think I "wasted" enough broadband for today.......

2 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Please, guys

Seriously!? 

8 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Please, guys

Wow. What a grouch. Not everyone is going to search for a happiness thread. There are other sites for that.

P.S.- I ordered almost $200 worth of stuff because of this thread. So get over it.

Edited by steel_tiger1
ps
12 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Please, guys

Wow.... really???! Talk about a buzz kill! If the site moderators were really worried about bandwidth, I doubt that we'd have a joke section among others.

I posted the thread because: 

1) My original question regarding whether or not Reskit's F-18 exhausts were any good was never answered. Once I found out that they are by buying a set I passed the info on to my fellow modelers who might have the same question.

2) A lot of modelers, myself included, are a little leery about ordering goods from some place that they've never ordered from, especially overseas, so I like to hear from other modelers about their experience with a supplier that's new to me.

3) Reskit deserves praise. In a world where "less is more" rules the day, their service and product was exemplary! Steel_Tiger's post is a classic example..... I too had never heard of Reskit before until someone posted a positive thread about them awhile back, and not everyone may have seen that thread. Now because of my thread he ordered $200 worth of stuff from them. I'm sure that Reskit doesn't mind. There's no better advertising than word of mouth! In addition, if Reskit is doing well, the odds of them releasing more products is greater. There's still a lot of ordnance that I'd personally like to see in resin. 

There's always that one person who is going to complain about everything. Oh crap....... we just burned more bandwidth......  I sure hope that Steve isn't going to shut the site down.....🙄 Fred K.

Edited by f5guy
16 hours ago, f5guy said:

Wow.... really???! Talk about a buzz kill! If the site moderators were really worried about bandwidth, I doubt that we'd have a joke section among others.

I posted the thread because: 

1) My original question regarding whether or not Reskit's F-18 exhausts were any good was never answered. Once I found out that they are by buying a set I passed the info on to my fellow modelers who might have the same question.

2) A lot of modelers, myself included, are a little leery about ordering goods from some place that they've never ordered from, especially overseas, so I like to hear from other modelers about their experience with a supplier that's new to me.

3) Reskit deserves praise. In a world where "less is more" rules the day, their service and product was exemplary! Steel_Tiger's post is a classic example..... I too had never heard of Reskit before until someone posted a positive thread about them awhile back, and not everyone may have seen that thread. Now because of my thread he ordered $200 worth of stuff from them. I'm sure that Reskit doesn't mind. There's no better advertising than word of mouth! In addition, if Reskit is doing well, the odds of them releasing more products is greater. There's still a lot of ordnance that I'd personally like to see in resin. 

There's always that one person who is going to complain about everything. Oh crap....... we just burned more bandwidth......  I sure hope that Steve isn't going to shut the site down.....🙄 Fred K.

I ordered $50 worth of stuff.....how can I search for something if I don't know it exist????

I'm waiting till I win the lottery so I can buy just about every 1/48th scale set they make :naughty:.

Oh, what's that? You have to buy a lottery ticket? Nobody tells me anything these days. Never mind. :dontknow:

Edited by Mstor

Thanks for the info Fred. I for one was surprised how much stuff they were issuing recently and a lot in my scale. I see there is an ebay seller who carries a lot of the Reskit stuff but not sure if it is Reskit themselves as he is in the Ukraine. I think I may just go the direct route.

32 minutes ago, skyhawk174 said:

Thanks for the info Fred. I for one was surprised how much stuff they were issuing recently and a lot in my scale. I see there is an ebay seller who carries a lot of the Reskit stuff but not sure if it is Reskit themselves as he is in the Ukraine. I think I may just go the direct route.

You bet ;0)  I think I know which ebay seller you mentioned, and I have ordered from them with no issues. However going directly through Reskit was a bit quicker and cheaper too. Happy modeling! Fred.