ARC Discussion Forums

KursadA

CD48170 - 1/48 AH-64D/E Apache

On 11/18/2019 at 11:11 AM, AD-4N said:

(I know, I know.  It was in the plans for months.)  🙂

No, it wasn't - thanks for your suggestion. I had collected a bunch of photos, but did not have concrete plans to design a sheet this soon. I can work remarkably fast when I really like an idea.

Edited by KursadA

Not trying to push, but you brought up the production speed; so how quickly will the 72nd sheet follow this one?

Probably going to have to buy some more of those great Academy kits!!! One for each scheme; oh do you have stock in Academy???  😉

Thanks

On 11/18/2019 at 10:56 PM, achterkirch said:

Would you be willing to add RNLAF D’s to it with the low viz rundel?

I looked into this, but the low-viz roundel has a couple unique colors that are not shared by any other element on the sheet, driving up the cost of the sheet beyond what I had planned - sorry.

A 1/72 version of this sheet will be available in the batch of releases following the 1/48 one; so it should be available sometime in February.

Edited by KursadA

11 hours ago, KursadA said:

I looked into this, but the low-viz roundel has a couple unique colors that are not shared by any other element on the sheet, driving up the cost of the sheet beyond what I had planned - sorry.

A 1/72 version of this sheet will be available in the batch of releases following the 1/48 one; so it should be available sometime in February.

Thanks for checking it out at least!  

Excited to try my hand at the 50 shades of fresh olive drab/dark gray/dark tan/deck tan/faded olive drab/oil stain/touch up paint jobs the U.S. Army Apache's seem to sport.   Next to well worn Tomcats and Hornets, they seem to offer nearly endless weathering fun.   Unless it comes straight out of the factory, no Apache seems clean.  No amount of weathering is overdone!

These decals will be a real hit, I predict.  

6 hours ago, AD-4N said:

Excited to try my hand at the 50 shades of fresh olive drab/dark gray/dark tan/deck tan/faded olive drab/oil stain/touch up paint jobs the U.S. Army Apache's seem to sport.   Next to well worn Tomcats and Hornets, they seem to offer nearly endless weathering fun.   Unless it comes straight out of the factory, no Apache seems clean.  No amount of weathering is overdone!

These decals will be a real hit, I predict.  

One drawback is that all of the US Army options require the current "sugar scoop" exhausts; which apparently has only been included in one particular boxing of the Hasegawa kit (07414). I am sure Hasegawa will include these in an updated release of their Apache plastic, though. 

On 11/22/2019 at 10:59 PM, KursadA said:

One drawback is that all of the US Army options require the current "sugar scoop" exhausts; which apparently has only been included in one particular boxing of the Hasegawa kit (07414). I am sure Hasegawa will include these in an updated release of their Apache plastic, though. 

I didn't catch that.  I will be on the lookout for "sugar scoop" editions of the Hasegawa kit.  

This sheet is coming in the next batch (1/72 to follow in the next few months). There is a second, smaller sheet (not shown) with airframe stencils.

cd48170.jpg

Hi Kursad,

I note you only have two pentagons for the TNI-AD Apache. I have attached a photo that shows a third on the underside between the wings. I hope its not too late to add to the artwork.

TNI-AD_Apache.jpg

I should be able to fit it somewhere- thanks for the heads-up!

Edit: done

Edited by KursadA

Posted (edited)

Another brand-new release waiting in the wings - I had the AH-64D/E sheets in hand for almost a month, and hope to release them in April as soon as I finish dealing with the delays I am experiencing due to the pandemic. 

apa1.JPG

apa2.JPG

apa3.JPG

Edited by KursadA

Yeah buddy! I'm looking forward to this one in 72nd scale. Thanks Kursad! Fred K.

Available for preordering - if you intend to also order the upcoming CH-47 and EF-111 sheets; please wait I enabled preorders for those sheets in the next couple of days. Otherwise, you can preorder now. 

CD48170 - 1/48 AH-64D/E Apache