Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
KursadA

CD48170 - 1/48 AH-64D/E Apache

Recommended Posts

On 11/18/2019 at 11:11 AM, AD-4N said:

(I know, I know.  It was in the plans for months.)  🙂

 

No, it wasn't - thanks for your suggestion. I had collected a bunch of photos, but did not have concrete plans to design a sheet this soon. I can work remarkably fast when I really like an idea.

Edited by KursadA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not trying to push, but you brought up the production speed; so how quickly will the 72nd sheet follow this one?

Probably going to have to buy some more of those great Academy kits!!! One for each scheme; oh do you have stock in Academy???  😉

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 10:56 PM, achterkirch said:

Would you be willing to add RNLAF D’s to it with the low viz rundel?

 

I looked into this, but the low-viz roundel has a couple unique colors that are not shared by any other element on the sheet, driving up the cost of the sheet beyond what I had planned - sorry.

 

A 1/72 version of this sheet will be available in the batch of releases following the 1/48 one; so it should be available sometime in February.

Edited by KursadA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, KursadA said:

 

I looked into this, but the low-viz roundel has a couple unique colors that are not shared by any other element on the sheet, driving up the cost of the sheet beyond what I had planned - sorry.

 

A 1/72 version of this sheet will be available in the batch of releases following the 1/48 one; so it should be available sometime in February.

Thanks for checking it out at least!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excited to try my hand at the 50 shades of fresh olive drab/dark gray/dark tan/deck tan/faded olive drab/oil stain/touch up paint jobs the U.S. Army Apache's seem to sport.   Next to well worn Tomcats and Hornets, they seem to offer nearly endless weathering fun.   Unless it comes straight out of the factory, no Apache seems clean.  No amount of weathering is overdone!

 

These decals will be a real hit, I predict.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AD-4N said:

Excited to try my hand at the 50 shades of fresh olive drab/dark gray/dark tan/deck tan/faded olive drab/oil stain/touch up paint jobs the U.S. Army Apache's seem to sport.   Next to well worn Tomcats and Hornets, they seem to offer nearly endless weathering fun.   Unless it comes straight out of the factory, no Apache seems clean.  No amount of weathering is overdone!

 

These decals will be a real hit, I predict.  

 

One drawback is that all of the US Army options require the current "sugar scoop" exhausts; which apparently has only been included in one particular boxing of the Hasegawa kit (07414). I am sure Hasegawa will include these in an updated release of their Apache plastic, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2019 at 10:59 PM, KursadA said:

 

One drawback is that all of the US Army options require the current "sugar scoop" exhausts; which apparently has only been included in one particular boxing of the Hasegawa kit (07414). I am sure Hasegawa will include these in an updated release of their Apache plastic, though. 

 

I didn't catch that.  I will be on the lookout for "sugar scoop" editions of the Hasegawa kit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sheet is coming in the next batch (1/72 to follow in the next few months). There is a second, smaller sheet (not shown) with airframe stencils.

 

cd48170.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Kursad,

 

I note you only have two pentagons for the TNI-AD Apache. I have attached a photo that shows a third on the underside between the wings. I hope its not too late to add to the artwork.

TNI-AD_Apache.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should be able to fit it somewhere- thanks for the heads-up!

 

Edit: done

Edited by KursadA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Another brand-new release waiting in the wings - I had the AH-64D/E sheets in hand for almost a month, and hope to release them in April as soon as I finish dealing with the delays I am experiencing due to the pandemic. 

 

apa1.JPG

 

apa2.JPG

 

apa3.JPG

 

Edited by KursadA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah buddy! I'm looking forward to this one in 72nd scale. Thanks Kursad! Fred K.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Available for preordering - if you intend to also order the upcoming CH-47 and EF-111 sheets; please wait I enabled preorders for those sheets in the next couple of days. Otherwise, you can preorder now. 

 

CD48170 - 1/48 AH-64D/E Apache

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've scrounged the internet for the Hasegawa US Army "E" Guardian kit but no cigar.

 

What is the best way of replicating that kit?  Is there an aftermarket kit available that can work with a "D" model?    Or is there another option available?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, FlyAndFight said:

I've scrounged the internet for the Hasegawa US Army "E" Guardian kit but no cigar.

 

What is the best way of replicating that kit?  Is there an aftermarket kit available that can work with a "D" model?    Or is there another option available?

Thanks.

 

I don't have a good answer. The ASPI exhaust mods have been in the field more than 10 years now, and I was expecting a Hasegawa rebox or at least some aftermarket to address this issue by the time these decals were ready. 

 

I don't know if Hobby Link Japan still sells individual Hasegawa sprues, as Japanese kit suppliers usually sell them separately. All the parts you need are on the U/V/W sprues, which Hasegawa has so far only included in the US Army AH-64E kit (07414).

 

Armycast has done the ASPI exhaust in 1/72, but not 1/48. BlackDog has done a host of really nice AH-64 detail sets but not the ASPI exhaust. These two companies are good candidates to contact and ask.

Edited by KursadA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much, KursadA.  


I'm hoping that Hasegawa will re-release that kit.   I'll be ordering your decals so that they'll be ready to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KursadA,  I received my sheet last week but did not get to take a look until last nigh (at work out of town).  They are Excellent!

 

Thanks again for all you do!

Steve Sliger

Greenwell Springs, LA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...