Latest news from the48ers.com

Hi guys,

Just a quick heads-up that the48ers.com have expanded into the helicopters space and offer at Pre-Order a good number of aftermarket sets in 1/48 @ 15% discount!

You can check what is available here.

Pre-Order is available until Nov 23.

Thanks,

Ilias

Hi midnightprowler,

The "In Stock" reference is a website/platform limitation to allow for orders to be placed (In Stock & Stock > 0 then the item can be placed in the cart). In the large orange box it says PREORDER, which is the true status for the product. Pre-Order Products will be available for dispatching towards the end of next month hoping that no delays will take place due to the holiday post-office workload. We will then dispatch. Hope it is more clear now.

We plan to expand the selection on helicopter aftermarkets; this is just the appetizer 🙂 Same as we did for the modern aircrafts, where now there are around 5,500 aftermarket products in 1/48 only!

In order to see the dollar value (estimate based on the latest FX rate the website uses), just select USD at the top right on the Home page.

Please also note that orders shipped outside European Union are not charged with 19% VAT. 

Anything that is not clear I would be happy to clarify.

Ilias 

Hi Ilias

It is really great you will be carrying more helicopter items for us rotor heads. I have been looking at your site for quite some time but have not been able to get around to actually picking up something. You do have a great selection and will try and get an order done soon.

Cheers Chris. The plan is to gradually expand the helicopter product range as we did with the modern aircraft related aftermarket sets.

If anyone has ideas for must-have helicopter manufacturers (not necessarily just the mainstream) feel free to pm me. Thanks!

3 hours ago, midnightprowler said:

Revel/monogram, but if the have one for the Hobby Boss kit it'll work.

If you're talking about the 1/48 Monogram/Revell Huey line to convert those old kits to a Charlie you'll need the resin set from Lone Star Models. LSM purchased Cobra Company's molds. Very good pours too from LSM.  I did not see any LSM offerings on the48ers.com likely because Lone Star Models has it on their site for direct order from Sugar Land, TX.  If you've got the correct sync elevators and just need a correct cambered tail fin I have an extra I can send you.

Ilias, in case I'm wrong and you had it the kit numbers are below

Monogram PA-152 Rescue Chopper

Monogram/Matel 6810 Rescue Chopper

Monogram 6809 Huey Chopper

Monogram 5201 Huey Hog

Monogram 5202 Huey Chopper

Monogram 6906 Huey Hog

Monogram 6039 Rambo Attack Set

Monogram 5201-0201 Huey Hog

Monogram 85-5201 Huey Hog
Revell 04476 Bell UH-1 "Huey Hog"

Revell 64476 Bell UH-1 "Huey Hog"

Revell 85-5201 Huey Hog

EDIT: LSM does not appear to have anything available and he is temporarily not taking any order due to personal needs. Best of luck to Mike. Hope all is well with him.

Edited by snake36bravo

Good stuff! Thank you for the post! For me I'm looking for HH60J and EC145 stuff at the moment so I'll definitely have a browse, only found your site the other night! Not sure about how much helicopter stuff they have but any luck with Renaissance Models? I know I was looking for their EC145 kit too

Cheers! So far there are available approx. 100 different product lines and will start having available helicopter related product IDs included in the each order we place to each manufacturer going forward incl. Renaissance Models 🙂

Also, just a quick reminder that the 15% OFF for pre-ordering will end at 5pm Eastern time today.

Cheers,

Ilias