12 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

That's a tough one SERNAK, there's a lot of lumps, bumps and, antennas needed for the Shadow that the S-3 doesn't have, not to mention the electronics bay doors.

Steve

That's why I find it very tempting Steve. Because it requires to make a lot of details that the kit does not include. The only advantage is the scale. You can work more easily these short of details in 1/48 than in 1/72.

:thumbsup:

12 hours ago, SERNAK said:

That's why I find it very tempting Steve. Because it requires to make a lot of details that the kit does not include. The only advantage is the scale. You can work more easily these short of details in 1/48 than in 1/72.

:thumbsup:

Best of luck if you give it a shot.

Steve

Greeting's all,

I was very curious to see if the other set of Wolfpack wing fold's would fit as nice as the set on my S-3B did. I was not disappointed, very well done Wolfpack, two for two. I think other resin manufactures should take note, it's really nice to have resin fit the way it should especially at the cost of some resin these days.

I also got the Shadow's instrument panel and coaming epoxied in place. Things are slowly taking shape. Thanks for checking in and following along.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_6793.JPG?width=1920&height=

(edited)_IMG_6795.JPG?width=1920&height=

(edited)_IMG_6797.JPG?width=1920&height=

On 7/13/2020 at 8:49 PM, Rocketdrvr said:

Really need to add a "LIKE" Button to these forums!

Your work is incredible!

Thanks, that's very kind of you to say but, IMO there are others on here that put me to shame.

Steve

Good day all,

I managed to get the wingtip antennas glued to the wings. This took me a while because there was quite a bit of careful cleanup to do on the wingtip ends and antennas.

(edited)_IMG_6798.JPG?width=1920&height=

Moving on to the engines. I purchased these beautifully cast seamless intakes for both builds but, after sitting down with them last night I can't for the life of me figure out how to spray the fan blades and center spinner without getting over spray on the intake walls ?? If anyone has used these and has any tips, please by all means share. At this point I think I'm just going to use the kit parts. I can spray everything separately and hope for the best with the seams at the end, and no, engine covers are not an option, I won't let this beat me. I'm just glad I didn't start cutting the kit parts before I actually looked at things first.

Thanks to all who are staying interested in my work.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_6799.JPG?width=1920&height=

(edited)_IMG_6800.JPG?width=1920&height=

Good evening all,

Small update for today. I got all the engine parts masked off and ready for primer /paint. Hopefully I can make the seam inside the intakes look ok when all is said and done.

(edited)_IMG_6801.JPG?width=1920&height=

I also worked on a way to secure the pylons to the Wolfpack resin wings. The kits pylons have large tabs on them but, the resin wings have very shallow recesses, especially the outer ones close to the wing fold area. I sanded down most of the tab to fit the wing recess then I marked out two areas to drill two holes for metal pins. These pins will get super glued to the pylon and will also help hold the pylon in place when the epoxy is applied. This will be a much stronger join than just super gluing them to the wing. One down, seven more to do.

Small steps but, still progress. Thanks to everyone who's still interested in my work.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_6803.JPG?width=1920&height=

(edited)_IMG_6802.JPG?width=1920&height=

19 hours ago, Rocketdrvr said:

Definitely taking notice of all your little tricks on this build for sure Steve!!!  👍👍

Thanks for following along. These tips I acquired from other modeling buddies so, glad to share.

Another minor update for today but, still progress.

I got the ES-3A's canopy glued on. It took a little persuading and gluing small areas at a time while holding it in place but, in the end it fit really nice and, no gaps !! Now to get back to those other wing pylons. Thanks for following along.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_6805.JPG?width=1920&height=

(edited)_IMG_6804.JPG?width=1920&height=

Today's update, fitting the kit pylons to the Wolfpack resin wings. I had to grind down the large tabs on the kit's pylons, just leaving a small bit of the tab,  to fit the shallow recesses on the wings. This will not be enough of an attachment point so, as I do with all my ordnance, I added small pins to the pylons and drilled corresponding holes in the wings. Now when it comes time for the final assembly, I just need to add a small amount of 5 minute epoxy to the wings recesses and attach the pylons. The engines will receive the same treatment when their time comes. I also wanted to see how the wing stores would look on their pylons as well. They are held onto the pylons with small wires as well.

Thanks for looking, enjoy the pics.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_6803.JPG?width=1920&height=

(edited)_IMG_6802.JPG?width=1920&height=

Wolfpack ARS pod on the S-3B.

(edited)_IMG_6806.JPG?width=1920&height=

The kits Harpoon on the S-3B. There will also be 4 MK-82 "slicks" in the bomb bay.

(edited)_IMG_6807.JPG?width=1920&height=

Wolfpack ARS pod on the ES-3A.

(edited)_IMG_6808.JPG?width=1920&height=

Brengun resin 300 gallon tank on the ES-3A.

(edited)_IMG_6809.JPG?width=1920&height=

Edited by A-10 LOADER
On 7/20/2020 at 6:26 AM, f5guy said:

Looking great Steve! Fred K.

Thanks Fred, much appreciated.

Since it's way too hot to spray out in the booth in the garage, I worked on adding these details to the wing pylons yesterday. After MANY attempts I finally got 8 pieces that I was happy with. I'm not sure what their purpose is ( maybe an access panel for the front wing pylon bolt ?? ) but, they are very noticeable and I had to add them.

Thanks for following along.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_6810.JPG?width=1920&height=

(edited)_IMG_6812.JPG?width=1920&height=

21 hours ago, Collin said:

Just part of the design. Nothing special from what I can remember from my many many many many preflights. 

Collin

And there you go, thanks Collin.

15 hours ago, Rocketdrvr said:

Nicely added detail to the pylons.  Never actually noticed that one myself, so learned something new today.

Thanks.

Steve

21 hours ago, Collin said:

from my many many many many preflights. 

Collin

Lucky man! No matter from which angle you look at this aircraft, it's a true beauty (well, not as much the F-14 is but, anyway😁)!

Wow Steve, outstanding build you have going here. Just now catching up on your build as my time has been consumed by other life interests. Keep up the great work and what you're doing here is really inspiring.

-Elmo

9 hours ago, wardog said:

Wow Steve, outstanding build you have going here. Just now catching up on your build as my time has been consumed by other life interests. Keep up the great work and what you're doing here is really inspiring.

-Elmo

Thanks Elmo, that means a lot coming from you, much appreciated.

Steve

On 7/21/2020 at 11:24 AM, A-10 LOADER said:

Thanks Fred, much appreciated.

Since it's way too hot to spray out in the booth in the garage, I worked on adding these details to the wing pylons yesterday. After MANY attempts I finally got 8 pieces that I was happy with. I'm not sure what their purpose is ( maybe an access panel for the front wing pylon bolt ?? ) but, they are very noticeable and I had to add them.

Thanks for following along.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_6810.JPG?width=1920&height=

Those are covers for the pylon's forward mounting bolts.

Edited by GW8345
On 7/30/2020 at 11:11 AM, CaptainObvious said:

Fantastic attention to detail Steve.
I'm following along.

-co

Thanks very much, glad your following along.

On 7/30/2020 at 11:49 AM, GW8345 said:

Those are covers for the pylon's forward mounting bolts.

Thanks, guess I guessed right then.

Steve