I managed to get the Insignia White on all the doors, their struts, the landing gear parts. I also got both engine nacelles assembled for the Shadow.

I have to do a little masking on the gear wells so I can paint them next and, put some primer on my "bodywork" areas and see how they look before proceeding.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7106.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

(edited)_IMG_7105.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

(edited)_IMG_7104.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

On 4/23/2021 at 9:01 AM, BastianD said:

Very nice built so far!

Thank you.

Slowly making progress on the Shadow.

I was able to get the wheel wells masked and painted and, I used my circle cutter to make masks for the rims so I could airbrush the tires.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7109.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

(edited)_IMG_7108.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

A little more progress on the Shadow yesterday.

Sprayed the canopy area and the "bodywork" areas with some Mr. Finishing Surfacer 1500. Covered up the wheel wells and the tailhook well. Added the antennas to the belly of the jet and, shortened the antennas that go on the undersides of the wings because they are too tall right out of the box. I also used some thin, black coated wire from my spares bin to create the "TOWEL BAR" antennas.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7113.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

(edited)_IMG_7115.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

(edited)_IMG_7110.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

11 hours ago, A-10 LOADER said:

A little more progress on the Shadow yesterday.

Sprayed the canopy area and the "bodywork" areas with some Mr. Finishing Surfacer 1500. Covered up the wheel wells and the tailhook well. Added the antennas to the belly of the jet and, shortened the antennas that go on the undersides of the wings because they are too tall right out of the box. I also used some thin, black coated wire from my spares bin to create the "TOWEL BAR" antennas.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7113.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

(edited)_IMG_7115.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

(edited)_IMG_7110.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Okay Steve.... I'm just going to say it...... how on earth do you get anything done with such an organized bench??? Such organization would just mess my world up 🤣

The Shadow is looking great by the way! Fred.

9 hours ago, f5guy said:

Okay Steve.... I'm just going to say it...... how on earth do you get anything done with such an organized bench??? Such organization would just mess my world up 🤣

The Shadow is looking great by the way! Fred.

Thank you Fred. To be honest with you I did tidy up a bit before taking the pics but, I can't work with a ton of clutter all over the bench. My OCD wants to clean up instead of focusing on the model.

Steve

Managed some more progress on the Shadow today. Everything got a coat of Mr. Finishing Surfacer 1500. I can't say enough good things about this primer, I LOVE it and, it sprays beautifully. Next up will be the Light Ghost Gray.

Thanks to all who are still staying interested in these two builds.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7118.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

(edited)_IMG_7119.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

(edited)_IMG_7120.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all,

Hope all are doing well out there.

Brief update for today. I managed to get the jet and all her parts painted Light Ghost Gray, not a big update but, progress.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7121.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

(edited)_IMG_7122.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Been enjoying this build from the beginning; I love the clean and tidy work you are doing, and at the same time, the paintwork has the right amount of variation and weathering to make it interesting.

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing.

Carlos

On 5/12/2021 at 8:08 PM, cruiz said:

Been enjoying this build from the beginning; I love the clean and tidy work you are doing, and at the same time, the paintwork has the right amount of variation and weathering to make it interesting.

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing.

Carlos

Thanks for the kind words Carlos and, thanks for taking interest in my work, greatly appreciated.

Steve

On 5/17/2021 at 7:27 AM, AlienFrogModeller said:

Looking great!!

Cheers

AFM

Thanks very much AFM.

8 hours ago, Night Owl Models said:

Wow your really making progress looking forward to seeing the finished paint, decals and weather. Are your thinking of a display base something special to showcase it?

Thank you.

Back on page #8 I posted a pic of the carrier base that I've had in my stash. I'll try and make that look acceptable. I'm not sure if both jets will fit on it or not but, at least I'll have something to sit them on for photos.

Steve

54 minutes ago, AlienFrogModeller said:

A-10 Loader,

What product will you be using as the clear finish?

Cheers

AFM

I use these ( for gloss and flat ), de-canted and, sprayed thru the airbrush.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7125.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

A brief update for today. I got the Medium Gray painted around the canopy area, wing folds painted white and, the red on the flap areas. Next up will be the gloss coat then decals.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7127(2).JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

On 5/25/2021 at 4:58 PM, Aigore said:

Frigging outstanding plastic carpentry! I'm blown away! Wish I was half the modeller you are, Steve!

Really really goid work!

Thank you Aigore, very kind of you to say.

Steve

Greeting's all, hope everyone is doing well these days.

Finally it was time to give this airframe some personalty. I finished up the decals this afternoon and, I really like the look of this jet. For 19 year old decals they behaved beautifully ! Another gloss coat to seal everything in then I can flat coat her and get to the weathering.

Thanks to all who are following along.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7133.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

(edited)_IMG_7132.JPG?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds