I got the second set of RHINO Modelworks resin intakes epoxied to the engine cowlings for the Shadow. Minimal sanding, a little re-scribing and, some Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color to check the scribing. Now to work on the set for the Viking.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7303.JPG

19 hours ago, Collin said:

Those look the part!!  I used those same intakes. They are going to look great painted up. 

Cheers

Collin

Thanks Collin.

6 hours ago, crackerjazz said:

Those resin intakes look amazing!

Thank you crackerjazz.

Steve

7 hours ago, BastianD said:

Would love to see that Vark coming up!

Thanks, I'm just waiting on the RES/KIT cockpit upgrade set for the F-111. In the meantime I want to get these two jets finished and in the display cabinet.

Steve

On 1/1/2022 at 12:46 AM, Aigore said:

Looking great, Steve .....this is the stage when my suckers decided to split open and ruin the fan fronts....good thing there are coverz 😛

Thanks very much Aigore.

Made a little more progress on the Shadow's intakes. Got them flat coated and removed the foam plug, which gave me my inner gray stripe on the intake lip, worked out ok I guess, best part no seam. I painted the fan blades and spinners with some steel, once this dries I'll give it all a wash.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7311.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7312.JPG

9 minutes ago, Da SWO said:

Learning a lot just reading this thread.

You going to Omaha with these?

Thanks very much.

Omaha, lord no, I live in Pennsylvania. I don't build for contests, I build for me.

Steve

The Shadow's engines are all finished and ready to be installed. It's easier to show the paintwork before they're installed. Some Flory's wash was used on the fan blades and, the Vallejo putty took care of the small gap between the pylon and the intake nacelles.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7335.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7336.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7337.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7338.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7339.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7340.JPG

I managed to get the engines, wing pylons and, the stores added to the underside last night. All that's left for the Shadow now is adding the wings and all those tiny hinges of the folding mechanism. Once the wing folds are added I doubt I'll be able to flip her over safely to photograph the belly.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7341.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7342.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7343.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7344.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7345.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7346.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7347.JPG

Beautiful detail work, Steve. 
I binge scrolled through the entire thread last week. Stunning what you've done. 

I've got a S-3 build coming up and while I dont have all the aftermarket goodies you did (its all OOP, LOL) I'll hopefully make it presentable after learning from yours. 

-Jeff

On 1/6/2022 at 9:19 AM, ST0RM said:

Beautiful detail work, Steve. 
I binge scrolled through the entire thread last week. Stunning what you've done. 

I've got a S-3 build coming up and while I dont have all the aftermarket goodies you did (its all OOP, LOL) I'll hopefully make it presentable after learning from yours. 

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff, much appreciated. I'll be looking forward to your build.

23 hours ago, Da SWO said:

Has to be one of the best weathering jobs I've seen.

Thank you, very kind of you to say that.

Steve

Steve, just caught up again on your build(s). Great progress you're making and the weathering effects look really convincing. I especially like the dirty look of the engines and their nacelles. Considering you're rather new at weathering naval aircraft, your results are very impressive. I just recently started practicing weathering myself and It's not as hard as I thought; however, there is much to learn but that comes with practice. Good luck as you progress forward.

On 1/7/2022 at 3:02 PM, wardog said:

Steve, just caught up again on your build(s). Great progress you're making and the weathering effects look really convincing. I especially like the dirty look of the engines and their nacelles. Considering you're rather new at weathering naval aircraft, your results are very impressive. I just recently started practicing weathering myself and It's not as hard as I thought; however, there is much to learn but that comes with practice. Good luck as you progress forward.

Thanks for the kind words Elmo, much appreciated.

Steve

Just some shots of the topside of the wings and the jet itself before the wings get installed and hide stuff from view.

I scratch-built the base for the RFD "whip antenna", added the static dischargers, made the "towel bar" antennas from small black wire and, made the wing support struts from metal wire.

Thanks to all who are still following these builds.

Steve

(edited)_IMG_7349.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7350.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7352.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7353.JPG

(edited)_IMG_7354(1).JPG