Vietnam Helicopter Reference Pictures - Now with additional pics

• 2 weeks later...

These next two are a CH-53 from 1975. Pretty sure they are during Operation Frequent Wind. He was there during the USS Mayaguez incident, but he identifies the copter as Knife 5, and that one did not participate. Unfortunately I got ahold of these pics after he passed.  He was a member of the 21st SOS, The Dust Devils.

Nam%20Knife5%202-M.jpg

Nam%20Knife%205-M.jpg

22 hours ago, Newtonk said:

Thank you for posting these. seriously, if Trumpeter can do a Hip, they can do a jolly green giant, too. These images make great references.

You will get no argument from me. I do know a different company is likely going to do the MH-53M, which would be awesome as all get out. But a good Jolly or Super Jolly would be welcome indeed.

1 hour ago, smokeriderdon said:

You will get no argument from me. I do know a different company is likely going to do the MH-53M, which would be awesome as all get out. But a good Jolly or Super Jolly would be welcome indeed.

I’d heard similar and have made space in my stash for it. And started saving for it, too. To bring this back on topic, do you (or anyone) have any images on the Huey armed TOW helicopters that saw action in the last days of Vietnam, please? I’ve a 1/35 UH 1B I’d like to convert, after reading Max Hastings’ excellent ‘Vietnam’. 

57 minutes ago, 11bee said:

Hey, Smokerider,   On that possible upcoming PAVE Low, any idea what scale we are talking about?  

I do believe 1/48.

19 minutes ago, Newtonk said:

I’d heard similar and have made space in my stash for it. And started saving for it, too. To bring this back on topic, do you (or anyone) have any images on the Huey armed TOW helicopters that saw action in the last days of Vietnam, please? I’ve a 1/35 UH 1B I’d like to convert, after reading Max Hastings’ excellent ‘Vietnam’. 

I do not.  My dad probably had pics of those. However they didn't make it into my hands.

47 minutes ago, Newtonk said:

To bring this back on topic, do you (or anyone) have any images on the Huey armed TOW helicopters that saw action in the last days of Vietnam, please? I’ve a 1/35 UH 1B I’d like to convert, after reading Max Hastings’ excellent ‘Vietnam’. 

Full walk-around of one of the preserved ones at the Army Aviation Museum, Ft Rucker, AL.  http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/bill_spidle2/uh-1b_60-3553/

In Vietnam:

huey_armed_with_tow_missiles_in_vietnam-Sg2poBEjZrxdZv5_70n9jTb1byxj9_ZG0gZKAvXA

Edited by HeavyArty