It depends on the serial number you'll be building. The large inlet became the standard for F110-powered Fighting Falcons from F-16C Block 30D #86-0262 onward (the so-called "Big-mouths"). Hope this helps.

Steve

Edited by A-10 LOADER

As A-10 Loader says, block 30 big mouth starts with F-16C 86-0262 and F-16D 86-0044. All block 30 F-16's prior to this is small mouth. 

All the agressors flying with the 18th Agressor Squadron 354th Fighter Wing PACAF are serials after 86-0262/86-0044, hence "big-mouths"

From the Tamiya 1/48 F-16C Block 50 you can build the Block 30, while the F-16C/N boxing allows the same if using the propoer HUD. For Hasegawa and Kinetic there are several options. 

Edited by Niels
  • 2 weeks later...

Building F-16D Block 30D in Agressor colors you're basically left with 3 alternatives; 

87-0366 - still with the 18AS. Blue/Lt. Blue/Grey scheme 

87-0375 - still with the 18AS. Black/White/Grey splinter scheme 

87-0378 - currently serving with 416FLTS. Used to be Blue/Lt. Blue/Grey  

Does anyone have any good cockpit pictures of the F16D block 30?  I'm converting a 1/32 academy F16I Sufa into the F16D block 30.  Also if anyone can tell me what parts to ommit from the sufa instructions and if I need to add any intakes or external parts to make it into a standard F16D block 30?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

You'll also need to remove a few details on the SUFA kit that are not correct for a USAF plane. 

this needs to be removed.

N9jmoX.jpg

Cannot find the other image now, but the scoop on the tail needs to be taken off and a "filler panel" put in place.

But here's the one I just finished.  The guy in the back seat is my MD,  also the Flight Surgeon for the unit.  I'm giving this to him next week for Christmas.

kiNX0z.jpg

Gear going up!

6CXAqN.jpg