Renaissance Models

Has anyone used Renaissance Models recently? Was wondering if they were still in business and what their turnaround time was? 

As a second partmquestion to that, one of their detail kits (EC145) has thr PE and what looks like the cockpit glass and such ... how good are those non PE parts? I found the detail kit for sale in one place online but its the PE only. (Aviation Megastore in the Netherlands) the only place I saw the full kit was from Renaissance themselves so I was curious. Rofl I tend to find projects after they have been Discontinued and THAT makes it hard lol

2 hours ago, OMWorks said:

Has anyone used Renaissance Models recently? Was wondering if they were still in business and what their turnaround time was? 

As a second partmquestion to that, one of their detail kits (EC145) has thr PE and what looks like the cockpit glass and such ... how good are those non PE parts? I found the detail kit for sale in one place online but its the PE only. (Aviation Megastore in the Netherlands) the only place I saw the full kit was from Renaissance themselves so I was curious. Rofl I tend to find projects after they have been Discontinued and THAT makes it hard lol

I know that The48ers stocks their stuff. Not sure what set EC145 is or whether it is carried by The48ers. I was going to order a set from Renaissance once but their shipping was outrageous. For a update set for the Heller F1 they wanted over 30 Euros to ship to the US. I canceled the order and decided to wait until The48ers got it back in stock, which they did. Seems The48ers is still getting product from them.

Don't know if you've dealt with Aviation Megastore either. Their shipping costs are crazy high too. I've used them, but only when they were the only place that had something I desperately wanted.

Edit: I looked at the Renaissance site. Thought that EC145 was a part number, but it appears that is the aircraft designation of the model the detail set it for, and in 1/32 scale, right? A helicopter, Revell kit. In which case, The48ers will be of no help, sorry. Hopefully someone can answer your question about the quality of the clear parts. If you decide you want the set and cannot find it anywhere else, write Renaissance and inquire as to how to order and shipping costs to your address. Like I said, it won't be cheap (unless they've changed something).

Edited by Mstor

Thank you for the 48ers tip, I had not heard of or checked them out yet. And just saw the edit yeah sorry model not item number but ok I'll keep my eye out. I just hadn't heard back from Renaissance yet. And yeah I feel you about shipping. I get Model Train parts from Germany pretty cheap but a bigger box always gets me. The one model I found at Aviation Megastore was the only one I saw anywhere and I jumped on it. Shipping was 32 I think and the model was 27 BUT when it was in circulation it was still more than I paid total for this one since Aviation Megastore had such a good price. For the EC145 its the same I found a kit on Amazon and that's the only one I've seen but it's the same situation (shipping more than the kit itself lol)