Correct Blue Color Paint for F9F-2?

For some reason, Mr. Color 365 "Gloss Seablue FS 15042" seems illusive. Here in the US, Sprue Brothers has most of the Gunze Mr. Color line available, but I've never seen this color available from them. A Google search indicates the paint does exist. I may have to "sharp stick" SB to get them to carry it. I could use a BUNCH of bottles!

Amazon lists it. Probably a Far East vendor considering the estimated delivery dates...

https://www.amazon.com/Gunze-Mr-Hobby-Lacquer-FS15042/dp/B07GWTDNT4

Looks like Super-Hobby has it in stock:

https://www.super-hobby.com/products/C365-Gloss-Sea-Blue-FS15042-Flat.html

Can also be found on eBay from various far East vendors.

I’m forever in a quandary at the aversion there seems to be over enamels. Xtracolor and Model Master both make 15042. They airbrush so nicely,  can be wet sanded between coats and dry hard. They seem to readily available as well.  I just don't understand the logic of spraying a base color then spraying clear gloss and then a final top coat. For virtually all of my gloss sea blue subjects, I spray 2-3 coats of SB, wet sanding between coats then use a VERY thin final coat applied lightly to bring out the final color with a “military gloss” finish. But then, I’ve always been odd man out.

I've always liked Model Master gloss sea blue; it has (to me) the right shade of slightly greenish blue and the right density to show an unweathered paint application. However, I've come to prefer the benefits of lacquer; smoothness of airbrushed coat and speed of drying (or curing, if you like). I can handle the painted model in one hour, while I've had to wait several days on the enamels.

I sent a note to Sprue Brothers about how come they don't have the Mr. Color 365. They responded that none of their U.S. suppliers carry it. I asked if they could ask the suppliers to get it, but they didn't respond after that. Looks like I'll have to order from Japan.

I also don't clear-coat before decals atop Mr Color or Alclad because they go on so smoothly. 

As for Mr Color C365, it's available from Ebay retailer animetropolis. I've used them several times for colors I couldn't find in the US.

On 11/21/2019 at 9:32 AM, Jeff M. said:

What’s the correct blue color for the F9F-2 Panther? I plan on using a lacquer paint, like Mr. Color, but I welcome acrylic and lacquer recommendations.

Thank you.

Jeff

For lacquer, Mr Paint does have 15042, and Lifecolor, Mission and Vallejo are all acrylic options.