Reskit 1/48 resin FAB-250M-64 bomb*12
Reskit 1/48 resin MBD3-U6-68 multi bomb racks*2
Reskit 1/48 Su-34 resin wheels+mud guard
Zactomodels 1/48 Su-34 resin ECM pods

Master 1/48 Su-34 pitot tube
G-Factor brass landing gears
Begemot 1/48 Su-34 decal
Modelkasten Flanker Color Set 1 & 2

My suggestion is to replace as more parts as you can find from aftermarket goods/GWH kits for this kit.
Very pooly researched/designed kit, most panel lines/rivets are fictional and cannot be found in Begmot decal instruction sheet.
Main dish is the weapon ordance, aircraft is just appetizer so I did not spend too much time on it.

JA07xja.jpg

7L7MBdZ.jpg

LWvcWMN.jpg

UjABRhO.jpg

RIGhvZx.jpg

VfLcW75.jpg

EIZT0ED.jpg

t3OlkXR.jpg

WGpu5Zu.jpg

yVxTRn3.jpg

AUWKz3S.jpg

zAW1yau.jpg

2TJ4NqS.jpg

pD6fGFs.jpg

NCfVGCn.jpg

xVbr1vF.jpg

4DKicZR.jpg

huFqNqJ.jpg

R98Af45.jpg

D6p3SPB.jpg

SvCJHjA.jpg

BOgOFX6.jpg

kAnCtvp.jpg

B5MGKhZ.jpg

m3w3kIR.jpg

jFKaeNc.jpg

Z5Za5sG.jpg

ngj7cQf.jpg

6FG0zDj.jpg

RLZ2YuB.jpg

Edited by haneto
5 hours ago, paulsbrown said:

Cool!

Is the ladder from the kit or is it scratch built? 

It's made by PE from the Reskit resin wheels set.

43 minutes ago, Dafixer said:

HobbyBoss or KittyHawk kit? Either way it looks fantastic!

Sh*tty Hawk

Most of small parts have been replaced by GWH Su-35 parts, and other by resin aftermarket goods.

Only fuselage, wings, windshield, stabilizers etc. are from original kit parts.

Wow and WoW and WOW! I am curious about the Modelkasten colors you used. First, this is the first I've heard of them. Did some searching. They appear to be a solvent based acrylic lacquer.  Are they only available in Japan? Second, the colors used appear quite different than the normal camouflage colors I've seen. More blue. Almost purplish blue some areas. Is this just an interpretation of the camo colors or have the Russians changed the colors used on the Su-34 or something else entirely?

In any case, yet another amazing build Yufei. Well done and definitely bookmarked for future reference. :thumbsup2:

Edited by Mstor
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Su-34 has always intrigued me, the Russian version of the F-111. Very impressive with

what you were able to do with the kit, with all the aftermarket items. The attention to detail

in the build is fantastic, but the paint application really completes the model in a stellar and

magnificent manner. Congratulations on a job well done!

I'm still curious about the colors he used.  All the photos I've seen of the real thing show a dark blue-green, a medium light blue and a very light blue. Haneto has varied the shades from almost pure blues to the regular looking green-blues. I am wondering why he did this. Is it just to add some variation in color tone or is there some different colors being used by some Su-34s? It certainly makes for an attractive looking scheme.

Model is gorgeous !  But when any producer don´t make a new kit - we can deal with Kitty Hawk. I have it in stash and don´t look ugly... and was better as HobbyBoss. Maybe in future make a Zvezda or G.W.H. new Su-34 ? (I don´t critised, because i wait for quarter scale Su-34 a twenty years - and never compared surface details  with original. Why ? I can´t re-worked it and complete kit looks as "Fullback". 

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2020 at 5:29 PM, Mstor said:

I'm still curious about the colors he used.  All the photos I've seen of the real thing show a dark blue-green, a medium light blue and a very light blue. Haneto has varied the shades from almost pure blues to the regular looking green-blues. I am wondering why he did this. Is it just to add some variation in color tone or is there some different colors being used by some Su-34s? It certainly makes for an attractive looking scheme.

Maybe he was using and going by certain reference photos, that showed those colors

applied just as he had interpreted them onto his model. Regardless, his Artistic licence

in rendering his Su-34, the application of the paint and colors is simply spectacular!

10 hours ago, The Underdog said:

Maybe he was using and going by certain reference photos, that showed those colors

applied just as he had interpreted them onto his model. Regardless, his Artistic licence

in rendering his Su-34, the application of the paint and colors is simply spectacular!

Oh, I agree with you, its an incredible build and the colors are beautiful. Just wondering about the reason for the different colors. Artistic license or something he saw an an actual airframe?