Need Wolfpak Decals J-35 color scheme info.

Hi All,

If anyone has the Wolfpak Decals sheet 72-105  and can give me the color call-outs for the J-35 Draken splinter scheme, I would appreciate it.  I'm trying to figure out the best color match for that scheme from different sources.

Thanks,

Glynn "WARDOG" Jacobs

If it is the splinter one, I believe it should be the same colours as used on the Viggen (It was painted that way to test the camouflage intended for the Viggen).
MRP has Viggen colours in their range:
MRP-175, Blue-Grey 058M
MRP-176, Black 093M
MRP-177, Dark Green 326M
MRP-178, Mid Green 322M
MRP-179, Tan 507M

Hi Erik,

Thank you for your fast reply!

As a HUGE fan of the Viggen and Draken, I am aware of the use of the splinter scheme and its trial on the Draken but, I struggled mightily to get the correct colors for my 72nd scale Heller Viggen!

EVERY site or decal sheet for the Viggen seems to have had a different color for everything (except the flat black!) and it sure is hard to judge the colors through these 61 year-old eyes!

Being Swedish, can you say if the MRP colors are more "accurate" as compared to the Hataka paints?  After putting a lot of money into extras and up-dates for my JA and AJSH-37s, I'm more than ready to build and paint them and add them to my collection.

Cheers,

Glynn "WARDOG" Jacobs

Edited by Glynn Jacobs
Grammar/punctuation error

To be honest, I have not used my MRP paints yet, so I can´t say for sure that they are OK. But I sure hope so. Last time I painted a Viggen I used a mixture of Tamiya paints.
They look nice in the jars anyway, and their grey SwAF paints looked great. Didn't know Hataka made the viggen camouflage colours too.
The important think I think, is not to let any of the colours stand out. Most of the time people get the light green too powerful. The black should not be really black either, just a drop of green or gray would do the trick. The black we had when I did service definitively had a green tinge to it from up close.
I´ll see if I can get some painting done this weekend, and maybe find a scrap piece of plastic to try the paints on.

I have just about every Tarangus/Special Hobby Viggen in my stash, so I have a need for correct, easy to use Viggen paints...

Thanks again Erik,

I've been holding off on building my AJSH-37 because of painting woes! :-(

Just need to get a mask set, the correct paints, and a Master pitot!  Already have the cockpit, missiles, pylons, nose cone, decals, pilot, and exhausts.

PLEASE keep me informed on your build/painting work.

Cheers,

WARDOG