Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums

KursadA

F-105 ideas

Recommended Posts

The Wild Weasels sheet was a success, and I would like to do at least one more F-105 sheet, preferably with natural metal / silver examples this time.  I am looking forward to your ideas - what is needed, and what has not been done before?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have some nice ones in the form of 18TFW birds; 44TFS, 67TFS and 12TFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aluminum / olive drab F-105B/Ds from the 4th TFW in both the early colored feathers (nose & tail) or later green bands (nose & tail). 

 

Or aluminum / olive drab F-105D of the 561st TFS, 23rd TFW with a big #7 in yellow/black checkers on the tail.

 

Or, aluminum / olive drab F-105D of the 563rd TFS, 23rd TFW with red/white striped rudder with black ace of spades above. 

 

Or, aluminum / olive drab & SEA Camo F-105D of 334th TFS, 355th TFW with blue starred [It was polka dots] band on tail. See photo.]

 

All these with the TAC badge on the lightning bolt on the tail.

001.jpg.fc90ef2a66bd8b5bce5e9ee51e2d1f0b.jpg

 

Edited by Dutch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate to suggest obscure subjects, but an F-105B of the 141st/108th TFW NJANG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They'd have to be all D's as there is no B kit available correct?

 

I would recommend a scheme like the Thunderbirds for it, just to add something different but those were B's too.

Edited by Whiskey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

They'd have to be all D's as there is no B kit available correct?

 

I would recommend a scheme like the Thunderbirds for it, just to add something different but those were B's too.


there are two B model conversions available in 1/48, the Falcon conversion and the C&H (now Cygnus) conversion, both of which are still available.  
 

in 1/72, there is a B model kit from Hasegawa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the 4th TFW, only the 334th and 335th carried any squadron colors. The original 335th markings with the Chief on the side and the green stripes has been done by Microscale. A Caracal-quality replacement of that sheet would be good. When they deployed to Vietnam, they were silver painted with only a blue tail band with polka dots (334th) or a green tail band, sometimes with a white V with or without a white Chief in the V (335th). They kept the tail bands when they were camouflaged.

 

I have a few photos I can provide, including a good shot of a 335th jet with the reversed camouflage. 

 

Ben

Edited by Ben Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A second on the Thunderbirds B model.  There have been others released for the T-Birds, but not to Caracal standards or now completely unavailable (1/32 please). 

 

Anything with a TAC lightning bolt on the tail.

 

Rick L.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the F-105B is few and far between, I would recommend staying with F-105D/F/G's 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Niels said:

As the F-105B is few and far between, I would recommend staying with F-105D/F/G's 😉


thanks for your support Niels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure we can throw in a -B or two on that sheet.

 

Hey, nothing is too obscure if the idea comes from my top 100 customers, many of whom are very active here. I wouldn't be here without their support. Sometimes I think about sending an email to these 100 folks, set up some kind of reasonable subscription system and basically do a limited-edition sheet a month based on what they want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, KursadA said:

I am sure we can throw in a -B or two on that sheet.

 

Hey, nothing is too obscure if the idea comes from my top 100 customers, many of whom are very active here. I wouldn't be here without their support. Sometimes I think about sending an email to these 100 folks, set up some kind of reasonable subscription system and basically do a limited-edition sheet a month based on what they want. 


that’s a cool idea Kursad!  Sign me up! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well isn't this convenient. I picked up the revell t-stick II kit last week. it doesnt look like there are any aftermarket decals for that kit at all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KursadA said:

I am sure we can throw in a -B or two on that sheet.

 

Hey, nothing is too obscure if the idea comes from my top 100 customers, many of whom are very active here. I wouldn't be here without their support. Sometimes I think about sending an email to these 100 folks, set up some kind of reasonable subscription system and basically do a limited-edition sheet a month based on what they want. 

 

Please don't forget your British and European supporters who quietly purchase through re-sellers like Hannants, I think you will find there are a few of us over here 🖕

 

Back to the original question the F-105Ds of the 22nd TFS, 36th TFW at Bitburg in FRG in 1961 were silver with three red stripes outlined in white on the vertical tail fin.

 

There is also a photo by David Menard of an F-105F assigned to the Armament and Development Test Center (ADTC) which was painted overall aircraft grey, was tail # 24413. That would be something different.

 

Michael

 

(Very satisfied owner of your Wild Weasels sheet!)

Edited by Ghostbase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see decals for a T-Birds Thud! The Warbird sheet is a mess. We need some enterprising aftermarket manufacturer to do a conversion. The Airwaves and C&H conversions are okay but no longer available. I keep hoping Dimitri from DMold will do one.

 

Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ben Brown said:

I would love to see decals for a T-Birds Thud! The Warbird sheet is a mess. We need some enterprising aftermarket manufacturer to do a conversion. The Airwaves and C&H conversions are okay but no longer available. I keep hoping Dimitri from DMold will do one.

 

Ben


Ben the C&H set is still available.  I just ordered and received one from him about two months ago.

 

http://www.candhaerominiatures.com/catalog/f105b.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dylan said:

well isn't this convenient. I picked up the revell t-stick II kit last week. it doesnt look like there are any aftermarket decals for that kit at all.

 

 

There are but most of them are old Microscale releases. 

 

There is a more recent one (if you can call 2008 recent)  but I don't want to kill any baby seals here.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ghostbase said:

 

Please don't forget your British and European supporters who quietly purchase through re-sellers like Hannants, I think you will find there are a few of us over here 🖕

Back to the original question the F-105Ds of the 22nd TFS, 36th TFW at Bitburg in FRG in 1961 were silver with three red stripes outlined in white on the vertical tail fin.

 

 

Another vote here for the early Bitburg Thuds !

(Yet another very satisfied owner of your Wild Weasels sheet!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't the first 'Pussy Galore' aluminum, or silver laquer?

Edited by Whiskey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nathant said:

since the old TwoBobs sheet is no longer?


Baby Seals!!!   Baby Seals !!!   :popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...