Flying Leathernecks Decals FL72001 KC-130J 'Battle Herks'

Our first release in 1/72 scale covers four KC-130J Hercules from VMGR's 252, 352 (x2) and 234, including a Harvest Hawk with mission markings. The art file will be sent to Microscale on Friday and the profiles will be added this weekend. Sheet measures 5.5 x 8.5 inches with a small addendum sheet of National Insignia and under wing MARINES markings. Retail will be $15.00 and should be available at the end of December, early part of January. This is the first of 3 sheets for the KC-130 coming in 72nd scale. The next will cover White over Gray KC-130F's, to include B00 and B0B.

FL72001-KC-130-Hercules.jpg

Yes, KC-130T and KC-130R aircraft will also be covered. Here are the profiles for the four options on this sheet, as well as one of the options on the second sheet.

KC-130-J-Profile.jpg

KC-130-F-Profile.jpg

Edited by Dave Roof
6 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Dave,

Can I ask if walk way decals are included in the sheets? I have found it hard to find good images of the tops of these aircraft and the colours for the walkway areas.

Walkway decals won't be included with the sheets. However, I am considering a stencil sheet for both high and low vis paint schemes that will include them. The placement guides will include a top side view with them shown though.

FL48011-Top-Placement.jpg

Great work there, Dave!

If you can include the door outlines and the fuselage prop warning stripes on that proposed stencil sheet, then we can die in modeler's peace!  Looking forward to the lower-viz "Raiders" scheme for my Tango bird but, might have to go with the local team from Ft. Worth!

Bravo Zulu!,

WARDOG

2 hours ago, Glynn Jacobs said:

Great work there, Dave!

If you can include the door outlines and the fuselage prop warning stripes on that proposed stencil sheet, then we can die in modeler's peace!  Looking forward to the lower-viz "Raiders" scheme for my Tango bird but, might have to go with the local team from Ft. Worth!

Bravo Zulu!,

WARDOG

Great idea!

3 hours ago, Glynn Jacobs said:

Great work there, Dave!

Bravo Zulu!,

WARDOG

Yes, if you look at the profile for 800/B00, you'll see they're already drawn.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Dave, I'm out of town at the moment, but will return home in a bit.  How soon until this is in the mail?  R/ Dutch 

They're not back from Microscale yet. There was a delay last month when their shipment of decal paper got stuck in customs and I think it pushed them back a bit. For example, I only received 360 copies of sheet FL48018 and just got the remaining 140 on Wednesday. As soon as I receive the shipping notification, I'll make an announcement.

• 5 months later...
On 8/17/2020 at 3:27 PM, Dutch said:

Dave, Really looking forward to the legacy Herk sheet in both lo & hi viz. K/r,  Dutch 

Honestly, it's probably not going to happen. Sales of this sheet have been horrid.

• 3 weeks later...