Clear Prop 1/72 UH-2A/B Seasprite Planned Release

After accumulating over 100 72nd scale kits of jets, props, helos, armor, and one LCAC, there are only four kits that I would like to buy before I just can't build anymore;

A nice TR-1/U-2S,

A nice UH-1N,

A couple of Hasegawa Israeli Cobras with resin extras and,

An SH-2 Golf-model with the proper equipment and decals for NEW ZEALAND (first choice!), Australian, Egyptian, Polish, or U.S. versions!  I hope they will have decent cockpit and interior detail!

Looking forward to a review!

WARDOG

Edited by Glynn Jacobs
Corrections

Very nice kit there!  Lots of detail though I'm no fan of P.E.  Some of those parts look like they might be brass details vice P.E. but they look very good!

Still want a nice SH-2G(NZ) and it sure looks like Clearprop can do the job!

Oh, ONE more ultimate kit buy (and NO more, I promise!); A decent 1/72nd C-2 Greyhound from Hasegawa with the old and new prop versions.

WARDOG

• 4 months later...

I just got one in the mail. In a word, brilliant! At first glance at what’s in the box, which for starters is first class, the parts are beautifully detailed inside and out (if any aftermarket company can find some feature that’s missing or shape that’s inaccurate, I will be very surprised); the multi-page instruction sheet is in color, detailed, and on high quality paper; photo-etched details are included where injection molding would be inadequate; and decals are provided for four different helicopters along with almost as many stencils as would be on an F-4, all of them readable with appropriate magnification and none of them bogus as near as I can tell (I did spot a typo with an 8X lupe while doing due diligence). The doors are molded in clear plastic, which minimizes the number of windows that have to glued into openings. A painting mask is available separately.

I won’t have a chance to do more than fondle the plastic for the time being, so I can't comment on the fit or the adequacy of the assembly instructions, but the photos of a test build posted elsewhere suggest that a reasonably skilled modeler will be very pleased with the result.

Just ordered two direct from ClearProp! with canopy masks for $76.00 incl shipping. Maybe could have done slightly better with one of big US retailers,  but I think their starting price is upper $30s - low $40s.

Can't wait! R/ Dutch 

• 2 weeks later...

Both kits arrived Wednesday!  Only took two weeks; even in Coronavirus postage time, that is VERY good shipping time!  As Tommy pointed out, this kit is a jewel!  I will take my time to get all the detail out of the PE parts in the cockpit, undercarriage and rotor heads.  And the decals options are superb!  I do plan on one in the overall red-orange scheme as the Cherry Point SAR bird for a few years in the 60s.  And having the masks will help with the painting.  Have to clear the workbench of a few bench queens first. R/ Dutch

4 hours ago, Dutch said:

Both kits arrived Wednesday!  Only took two weeks; even in Coronavirus postage time, that is VERY good shipping time!  As Tommy pointed out, this kit is a jewel!  I will take my time to get all the detail out of the PE parts in the cockpit, undercarriage and rotor heads.  And the decals options are superb!  I do plan on one in the overall red-orange scheme as the Cherry Point SAR bird for a few years in the 60s.  And having the masks will help with the painting.  Have to clear the workbench of a few bench queens first. R/ Dutch

Optional decal http://www.printscale.org/product_966.html