Aires 1/48 F-16 nozzle problem

Just now, Hubbie Marsten said:

That was a very good find in any case, guys. I now fear go take a look at all of those other Aires exhaust sets I collected during these last years...

I never thought about that you are right! I just love the detail of the Aires sets but sometimes they mess it up with parts fitting 

I have just received response from Mr. Lajer from Aires.
According to him, everything is fine, and both parts shoud fit. He enclosed pictures, where you can see that part RP4 (tube) has - I believe - rounded intake, not polygoned.
So strange.

9AuL5CV.jpg

ZuKhJIN.jpg

2 minutes ago, Solo said:

According to him, everything is fine, and both parts shoud fit. He enclosed pictures, where you can see that part RP4 (tube) has - I believe - rounded intake, not polygoned.
So strange.

9AuL5CV.jpg

ZuKhJIN.jpg

3 minutes ago, EagleAviation said:

What the heck! What is talking about? In my set the burner can is not rounded, its polygonal! And the diameter of the nozzle is way wider than that of the burner. And on the pictures he sent I don't see the nozzle fitting into the burner can, it sits on top it! 

4 minutes ago, Solo said:

So strange.

I have a feeling they are still not understanding what is going on. If they've made a change in the design of the parts, then I think it obvious that the packers are mixing old with new parts. Somehow they need to be made to understand that they still have a problem and that there are customers that need to receive the correct parts from them. Mr. Lajer's comments that everything is fine simply mean that he doesn't understand the issue. You're going to have to explain it to him him simple terms with clear pictures showing exactly what you received in your set.

3 minutes ago, EagleAviation said:

What the heck! What is talking about? In my set the burner can is not rounded, its polygonal! And the diameter of the nozzle is way wider than that of the burner. And on the pictures he sent I don't see the nozzle fitting into the burner can, it sits on top it! 

I think on this picture this RP3 part is inside tube (RP4) and I do believe this tube is maybe new mould, with rounded, not polygonal intake. But of course I am not so sure.
I wrote to him my answer, that in my kit it is not possbile to put rounded RP3 into polygoned RP4, especially since RP3 is wider then intake of RP4.
I am waiting for response.

2 minutes ago, EagleAviation said:

I don't know. If you enlarge the image and look closely, it does look like the nozzle part is inserted into the burner can, that the opening is round now. I may be wrong, but otherwise, why would Mr. Lajer insist that all is OK. It looks like they may have redesigned the parts to make them simpler.

3 minutes ago, Mstor said:

I have a feeling they are still not understanding what is going on. If they've made a change in the design of the parts, then I think it obvious that the packers are mixing old with new parts. Somehow they need to be made to understand that they still have a problem and that there are customers that need to receive the correct parts from them. Mr. Lajer's comments that everything is fine simply mean that he doesn't understand the issue. You're going to have to explain it to him him simple terms with clear pictures showing exactly what you received in your set.

But this is exactly what I did! You can see the pictures on page one of this thread. Pictures with arrows indication the problem. 

Edited by EagleAviation
2 minutes ago, Mstor said:

You're going to have to explain it to him him simple terms with clear pictures showing exactly what you received in your set.

I have just explained him exactly what is a problem and showed him this picture.

But frankly said, I am not so sure what he is writing about. I hope it will be not a rudeness if I quote his email:

"Hello,

this part is correct. We must do this part again. Part has different shape but is correct. Sheet is old."

WeAm9Ul.jpg

Just now, Solo said:

I have just explained him exactly what is a problem and showed him this picture.

But frankly said, I am not so sure what he is writing about. I hope it will be not a rudeness if I quote his email:

"Hello,

this part is correct. We must do this part again. Part has different shape but is correct. Sheet is old."

"Part has different shape but its correct!" He doesn't have a clue of what he is talking about! 

I suppose they changed this parts shapes (with rounded, not polygonal shapes) and that is what he means. Maybe they just mixed old parts with new one and that is the problem.
But I don't know whay they are need to make new part again. it is too difficult for me now. 🙂

8 minutes ago, EagleAviation said:

But this is exactly what I did! You can see the pictures on page one of this thread. Pictures with arrows indication the problem. 

Yes, you did, but I think you need to make it even more clear. In your first picture, it is difficult to see that the burner can has the polygonal shaped mating surface. A picture from directly front on to show this will help. Like in a court, you can't have too much evidence. If necessary take measurements to show that the rounded mating surface of the new nozzle will not fit into the polygonal burner. I don't know this Mr. Lajer, so I don't know what his role at the company is and what is level of comprehension is regarding these parts. He may be a business executive for all we know. You have to spell it out with an overwhelming amount of evidence.

Edited by Mstor
2 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Yes, you did, but I think you need to make it even more clear. In your first picture, it is difficult to see that the burner can has the polygonal shaped mating surface. I picture from directly front on to show this will help. Like in a court, you can't have too much evidence. If necessary take measurements to show that the rounded mating surface of the new nozzle will not fit into the polygonal burner. I don't know this Mr. Lajer, so I don't know what his role at the company is and what is level of comprehension is regarding these parts. He may be a business executive for all we know. You have to spell it out with an overwhelming amount of evidence.

You may be right! I will send him new pictures . 

Just now, Mstor said:

I don't know this Mr. Lajer, so I don't know what his role at the company is and what is level of comprehension is regarding these parts.

I made few complaints directly do Aires and always Mr. Lajer responded to me, so I believe he is a guy who deal with such things.

But this time I think there must be some kind of misundestanding between us and our problem, and Mr. Lajer. I think (if it is true that his part RP3 fits inside part RP4) the best solution is just so send replacement with both of those parts. Ok, I will wait for his answer.BTW, onyone also received email from Aires?

12 minutes ago, Solo said:

"Hello,

Well, doesn't sound like his English is all that good. Problem one. So he's saying the the part is correct, that they had to redesign it, i.e. "do this part again". And yes, the sheet is old. What he is not understanding is that you have old and new parts and they do NOT work together.

Edited by Mstor
3 minutes ago, Solo said:

I made few complaints directly do Aires and always Mr. Lajer responded to me, so I believe he is a guy who deal with such things.

Oh my God, he may be... a Customer Service Representative!  :gr_eek2:  We're doomed.

4 minutes ago, Solo said:

According to his email signature, he is sales manager.
I am not so sure if it is so better for us...

Well I hope that a sales manager has at least basic knowledge of the products that his company sells! That when you sell an item intended for assembly the parts should actually fit together. 

1 minute ago, Solo said:

According to his email signature, he is sales manager.
I am not so sure if it is so better for us...

Even worse I'm afraid. They are the "Our parts are the greatest, buy our parts, how many do you want to buy today, send me money" types.

Of course I'm over generalizing. But this guy needs to take those pics and wander over to the design guys and then the packing department. First find out what is supposed to be in the packages now and then talk to the guys packing the parts to make sure THEY understand that there are new parts and old parts and never the twain should meet. Then he needs to get your address and send you the right parts.

Aires is a strange bunch of people. Knowledge of English is just one problem. Care and response to customers is another.

This coming weekend at the Plastikova Zima show in Bratislava Slovakia this company will have it stand. I can ask them but based on previous experiences they will not be happy and greatly annoyed when someone is asking questions or complaining. They are interested in only one thing: buy as many as possible of their products. Sell, sell, sell!!!

When questions asked they simply say: we are only selling the stuff and not designing them. One should contact directly the company. I never received any answer from them.

Instead some Czech modellers were far from happy, why do I ask questions. Don’t know how they are related to the company.

That’s the way it goes! Oh well! :dontknow:   :dontknow:  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Best regards

Gabor

I have got quite different experience regarding contacts with Aires. I made complaints few times (6 maybe 7 times) and always they responded me very quickly, always sending me replacement parts, even if I complained for really small scratch or broken part. Following that I can say i have only positive exepeience with customer service of Aires.

3 hours ago, Solo said:

"Hello,

Hold down your horses! Then it was not my own bafflement; I had already dealt with this issue... :hmmm:

That is what I had been told regarding that set, as in: parts are ok; only instruction sheet is old.